Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock X99 Extreme6

Hello guys,
    Is there a new BIOS, newer than 1.90 for this mobo. I have a problem with Corsair DDR4 2400MHZ 16GB modules that are not recognized by the Extreme6. However they work fine in the Extreme4 with BIOS ver 2.0

Thanks

Re: ASRock X99 Extreme6

What specific Corsair memory kit are we talking of here?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Hi
      The memory kit is CMK32GX4M2A2400C14R. Even a single module from the kit does not work :)

Comment

Sheesh. It appears most all of the BIOSs for your board have included memory compatibility tweaks.

I hate to do this to you but I'd contact ASRock Technical Support and tell them this issue and that it pertains to your CMK32GX4M2A2400C14R kit.

You might also contact Corsair Technical Support too. They will test your board/BIOS combo with that CMK32GX4M2A2400C14R kit together and tell you if it is in fact compatible. Corsair doesn't even list the X99 Extreme6 in their Memory Finder yet. Yea, contact Corsair TS too.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Yeah I've contacted ASRock support 4 days ago, and no response. Additionally this memory works fine on X99 Extreme4 BIOS 2.0, which is an lower and board, which is not cool also. :))
          The worst thing is that I have only 3 more days left to return the board if ASRock did not resolve the issue

Comment

Why sell the car if only because the tires ordered mistakenly do not fit?

Removing and replacing the MB sure seems like a lot of work as compared to using one of the memory manufactures "memory locators' for the X99 you have now.

G.Skill shows plenty of 2400Mhz and 2600Mhz memory kits specifically for the X99 Extreme6 that are guaranteed compatible HERE.

Comment

Because I need 16GB memory modules to max the board memory. There are not that many of them available right now. :(

Comment

Originally posted by khristov View Post
                Because I need 16GB memory modules to max the board memory. There are not that many of them available right now. :(
                Ahh, ok.

Email G.Skill Tech Support THIS NewEgg DDR4 16GB/stick list and see what that have to say concerning compatablity with your MB.

Otherwise, be double damn sure whatever you buy there memory wise IS compatible.

And know, mixing 32GB(2x16GB) kits to end at 128GB is risky.

I hate to come off as a G.Skill mouthpiece, I really do, but they can and will match eight 16GB sticks into a guaranteed 128GB(8x16) MATCHED Set for the asking.

Comment

Hello, guys
                  Just wanted to follow up on this thread, ASRock solved my problem with L2.06 BIOS which supports these memory modules. This BIOS is not available anywhere so if someone needs it I will share it.

Comment

Yes, please. I try and retrieve all the stray BIOSes posted here for future refrences.

Can you put it on a file hoster and PM the link to it? I would appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                    X