Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock B75M-GL R2.0 + i5 2500 frequency drop

Hello!

Few days ago i bought my first Intel system ( used ). i5 2500 + ASRock B75M-GL R2.0 ( latest BIOS installed ) . From day one i have problems with stuttering in games so today i installed HWiNFO64. Every time when stuttering appears all four cores frequency drop first from 3400Mhz to 3300Mhz and than after few seconds to 1600MHz. 4-5 sec after that cores goes up to 3300Mhz ( funny thing is that after first drop cores never goes up to 3400Mhz again , only 3300Mhz ). Now i have disabled Intel speedstep and turbo. Also CE1 , C3 and C6 are disabled because that is the only way i can get stable cores ( 3300Mhz ) while gaming. When i start Prime95 same thing happens. All four cores are at 100% load but cores drops frequency like i described. I was always on AMD systems maybe im doing something wrong or this is hardware problem? Sorry for bad english but i think you guys will understand what is my problem.

Thank you! <STYLE> .ocn-threads-first-post-500x50 { width: 500px; height: 50px; }</STYLE><SCRIPT> if (fromsearch) { document.write(' <script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></scr' + 'ipt> <ins class="adsbygoogle ocn-threads-first-post-500x50" style="display:inline-block" data-ad-client="ca-pub-8810354328358242" data-ad-slot="5338030013"></ins> <script>(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});</scr' + 'ipt>
    '); } </SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js" async></SCRIPT>

Re: ASRock B75M-GL R2.0 + i5 2500 frequency drop

Sounds like there is a temperature problem. When at full load, the cores become too hot and system is throttled down to prevent damage. What cpu cooler is used? HWiNFO64 displays also the cpu temperature, what are the values of the cores at full load before the frequency drops? You say it's a used system, maybe the cpu cooler needs a cleaning.
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Re: ASRock B75M-GL R2.0 + i5 2500 frequency drop

Core temperatures are OK. At load CPU is 46-47 degrees and cores 55-58 degrees. Cooler is Artic Freezer 7 Pro rev2 and it is really clean , no dust. Today i noticed in HWmonitor that core frequency drops from 3400Mhz to 1600Mhz every time when CPU TDP comes to 65-72W. Also frequency drops to 1600Mhz when all power saving options are disabled in BIOS. I think that MBO is faulty because i tested CPU in that Intel diagnostic software and everything was OK.

Comment

Working...
      X