CPU Power Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Power Connector

Hello there! I recently bought PC parts, which arrived yesterday. It took a long time, but I was able to complete it. I installed the SATA, CPU FAN, ATX PWR, USB, video card and HD AUDIO. There is no beep when I turn it on, and no display. I've plugged a known good monitor in to both DVI ports and a display port port with no output. The fans start turning when I turn it on, but I can't tell if anything else is working. The CPU cooler and video card are lighting up, however. Can anyone tell me what I might need to do? I read another thread saying to make sure you connect the CPU power connector, but I'm not sure what that is on the motherboard. My power supply provided a cable labelled CPU, but I don't see a molex connection labelled Cpu on the motherboard.There is a Molex connector labelled ATX12V1 on the motherboard near the CPU that is empty. Do i plug the CPU power cables in to this connector? Thanks!

PC PARTS
    -----------
    CPU: Intel i7-5820K LGA2011V3
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Motherboard: ASrock X99 Extreme3
    Memory: G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws4
    Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000P2
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
    SSD: Samsung SSD 850 Evo
    Case: Antec P380

Re: CPU Power Connector

Yes, plug the CPU labeled cable from the power supply into the ATX12V1 connector of the motherboard. Otherwise the CPU won't get any power and the PC can't boot.
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Re: CPU Power Connector

Originally posted by SandsOfTime View Post
      Yes, plug the CPU labeled cable from the power supply into the ATX12V1 connector of the motherboard. Otherwise the CPU won't get any power and the PC can't boot.
      That was it. Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
      X