Z77 Extreme 4 USB dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 Extreme 4 USB dead?

I've had this motherboard for a little over 3 months now and it worked fine when i first got it. About a week ago, however, I started losing connection to my mouse and keyboard. It would only d/c them both for about 3-5 seconds. It started slowly at first and then it was happening every 10 to 20 minutes.
    I would get a windows alert saying that there was an unknown device connected. I wasn't sure what the unknown device was because none of the other "known" devices were very descriptive. I updated all of my drivers and tried connecting my devices into other usb ports but nothing was really helping. Finally, I disabled the "unknown" device and the problem became far less frequent, nothing stopped working when I disabled this. The disabled device would come back fairly quickly after I disabled it but the problem became less pressing.

That was 4 or 5 days ago. My computer worked fine last night and now, this morning, none of the usb ports recognize anything. I've connected different keyboards and different mice (mouses?) but none of the devices are working now.

Re: Z77 Extreme 4 USB dead?

Hello
    It is hardly possible that all different USB ports stop working once, specially, your board has ports from different chips (Intel and Asmedia)
    Have you examined them out of windows environment?
    Can you enter BIOS setup by keyboard? If yes, does the mouse work inside BIOS setup?

Comment

Working...
    X