Sudden Boot Wierdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden Boot Wierdness

Today my FM2A85X booted to the "BOOTMGR is missing" notice. Done this with other systems I have owned; a tedious PITA fix.
    OK so I reboot using F11 and in the list is my AHCI P0: SAMSUMG HD753LJ, my boot disk, I select this and the system boots up just fine. Huh?
    Restart and go into the master setup screen. There, the first boot device is: AHCI P2: SAMSUNG HD753LJ.
    Huh again?
    The behaviour is reproducable. Boot, F11, List with AHCI P0: SAMSUNG HD753LJ, select that, boot's fine.
    Into master setup screen, SAMSUNG HD753LJ is ONLY AHCI P2: and after save and exit, "BOOTMGR is missing" comes up.

Not sure why the boot disk is listed as AHCI P0: in the F11 Boot screen, and works, while the same disk is listed as AHCI P2: in the
    master setup screen, does not boot, and doesn't seem to be able to be changed to AHCI P0 in this screen.

(And, of course, why after all this time, this problem shows up.)

--jim

Re: Sudden Boot Wierdness

To which port you have really connected the hard disk?
    Have you ever made a cmos clear (by jumper)?
    Also, are you selecting UEFI or normal boot in bios?

Comment

Bit of a long shot here, at any point through this testing or what ever did you fully remove the power from the system ?

I'm wondering if the BIOS battery has decided to die, causing all sorts of weird things to happen.... usually as you would expect, it results in default settings being loaded, it'll only cost a very small amount, and i'm sure someone is going to say wipe the BIOS and start a fresh, so you might as wel ltick it off the list and replace the battery.

Just out of curiosity, when you notice the weirdness, how do the changed settings compare to default settings ??

Comment

Originally posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
        To which port you have really connected the hard disk?
        Have you ever made a cmos clear (by jumper)?
        Also, are you selecting UEFI or normal boot in bios?

Physically, the configuration has never changed, and booted OK for some time.
        Just this new, odd change, without adding/subtracting anything.

Only odd thing, really, is boot/F11 screen lists a P0: drive that when selected boots OK
        And in the main setup screen, this p0 drive is not visible.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Gunslinger View Post
          Bit of a long shot here, at any point through this testing or what ever did you fully remove the power from the system ?

I'm wondering if the BIOS battery has decided to die, causing all sorts of weird things to happen.... usually as you would expect, it results in default settings being loaded, it'll only cost a very small amount, and i'm sure someone is going to say wipe the BIOS and start a fresh, so you might as wel ltick it off the list and replace the battery.

Just out of curiosity, when you notice the weirdness, how do the changed settings compare to default settings ??
          Changing the BIOS battery couldn't hurt at this point.

The "wierdness" shows like this: Going through F11 on boot screen lists ALL devices including the P0: Drive from which I can boot; the main fancy boot setup screen doesn't show this one, but another one (P2:) that won't boot, and doesn't show the P0: drive.

Comment

yeah, if you put it like that, then i suspect the battery is nothing to do with it, i'm a bit stumped at this point i'm affraid

Comment

Can you please take and send some screenshot(s) from your boot page (and sub pages) of this bios?

Comment

Working...
              X