Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z97M + Corsair H60 + Intel G3258 overheating without overclocking

Hi all,

My system is overheating and I would like some ideas how to fix it. Even without overclocking the CPU temp is 66 C (also 150 F) and when overclocked @ 4.2 GHz it maxes out at 99 C (also 210 F). These temperatues are about double the norm. I have the latest drivers and BIOS. What could cause this issue?

CPU: Intel G3258
    Mainboard: Asrock Z97M
    CPU cooler: Corsair H60SE

Also have:
    Memory: Corsair Vengence 8 GB (2x 4 GB)
    PSU: Corsair CX600
    GPU: ASUS 270X
    Wifi: ASUS N15
    SSD: ORZ ARC 100 240 GB

Matt
    Last edited by edathor; 06-19-2015, 10:13 PM.

Re: Asrock Z97M + Corsair H60 + Intel G3258 overheating without overclocking

Check the mounting of the cooler on the cpu. Did you use the right standoff screws (parts F)? Did you remove the protective plastic guard for the thermal paste?
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

To add to SOT comments, the standard CPU TIM isn't really the best. When you pull the CPU to check mounting use a better TIM I like Artic Silver MX 4

Comment

Thanks all. It's now running between 30 C (also 86 F) and 60 C (also 140 F) when overclocked @ 4.2 GHz. I had the water cooler pump plugged into the CPU fan header instead of the chassis fan header, I also had the CPU fan in the BIOS set to standard instead of max. And it seems the CPU cooler was happier after rotating it 180 degrees (see attached).

Ha ha!! Really glad I remembered to remove the cover of the cooler.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X