PC Fails to boot with latest SAS HD connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Fails to boot with latest SAS HD connected

Last edited by Jimmy Jump; 05-15-2015, 10:07 PM.

Re: PC Fails to boot with latest SAS HD connected

*UPDATE*

Swapped a couple of discs around, rebooted, and got a screen saying disc K (the 4TB SAS HD) needed a diskcheck.

I let Windows do the check, got a message a few sectors were "unreadable" and PC booted to desktop, after which the drivers of the swapped disks (including the 'K' SAS HD) were installed.

After that, the SAS HD is sitting in "Computer" again as "Local Disk". In Disk Management the HD is seen as "Raw" and Empty...

Am gonna let GetDataBack have a go on the drive to see if I can recuperate some of the files before formatting the bugger...

Comment

Re: PC Fails to boot with latest SAS HD connected

Okay. Retrieved the 655GB worth of data from the SAS "RAW" partition with GetDataBack,
      Click image for larger version

Name:	GetDataBack_001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	754975
      reformatted the 'faulty' Constellation drive to NTFS, did a check with SeaTools and also checked for firmware updates. No errors after check, no updates as the HD had the latest firmware already.

PC boots up fine again. Copied the files that went awol back to it too; "copied" this time, as I want to see what happens in the next couple of days/weeks.

Looks like it's once again one of those mysterious kok-ups Windows seems to have up its sleeve once in a wee while, as it for some unfathomable reason swapped the NTFS partition back to a RAW one...

This topic can be considered solved and the thread can be closed.

Comment

Working...
      X