Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3C226D2I - 4 Long Beeps

Hi all..

I've usually been a big fan and supporter of ASRock boards, but the last two I've ordered, I'm not too keen with. The first was an OC x99 Extreme that was DOA, and the second is a E3C226D2I which I hope isn't DOA also.

Here's the setup....

- E3C226D2I
    - Xeon E3-1220V3 Haswell 3.1GHz LGA 1150 80W Server Processor
    - Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Server Memory Model CT2KIT102472BD160B
    - (6) 4TB Western Digital RED Drives
    - Antec KUHLER H2O 950 Water/Liquid CPU Cooler
    - SeaSonic Platinum Series SS-400FL2 Active PFC F3 400W PSU

After assembling the system, I went to turn it on and had no video - the BMC light blinking. I hooked up a chassis speaker to listen to post codes, and heard 4 long beeps. I pulled the memory, and turned on the system again and heard it beep (3 short? .. eh .. don't remember) noting missing memory. I tried to put only one stick in A1 -- same 4 long beeps. Removed it and put the other stick in B1 -- same 4 long beeps.

Pulled the memory and tested in an alternate system -- worked without issue.

Went ahead and pulled off the hard drives to ensure it wasn't a peripheral issue. Also tested a separate PSU. Both prompted the same results.

Is it possible that my second newly ordered board is also dead? .. Or is there something that I'm missing?

Re: E3C226D2I - 4 Long Beeps

Originally posted by Aikavols View Post
    Hi all..

I've usually been a big fan and supporter of ASRock boards, but the last two I've ordered, I'm not too keen with. The first was an OC x99 Extreme that was DOA, and the second is a E3C226D2I which I hope isn't DOA also.

Here's the setup....

- E3C226D2I
    - Xeon E3-1220V3 Haswell 3.1GHz LGA 1150 80W Server Processor
    - Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Server Memory Model CT2KIT102472BD160B
    - (6) 4TB Western Digital RED Drives
    - Antec KUHLER H2O 950 Water/Liquid CPU Cooler
    - SeaSonic Platinum Series SS-400FL2 Active PFC F3 400W PSU

After assembling the system, I went to turn it on and had no video - the BMC light blinking. I hooked up a chassis speaker to listen to post codes, and heard 4 long beeps. I pulled the memory, and turned on the system again and heard it beep (3 short? .. eh .. don't remember) noting missing memory. I tried to put only one stick in A1 -- same 4 long beeps. Removed it and put the other stick in B1 -- same 4 long beeps.

Pulled the memory and tested in an alternate system -- worked without issue.

Went ahead and pulled off the hard drives to ensure it wasn't a peripheral issue. Also tested a separate PSU. Both prompted the same results.

Is it possible that my second newly ordered board is also dead? .. Or is there something that I'm missing?

Did you check in the CPU socket for any accidental bent pin or stained pin? What about the bottom of your CPU? You can also try to clear the CMOS by shorting the power pin and ground pin in the panel header for 25 seconds without power cable attached to the board and without the CMOS battery.

Comment

Working...
    X