X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wake on lan problem

Thank you for looking into the manual.

I will try that.

But Eddy Suggested Enabling "PCIE Devices Power On" Which makes "wake on LAN1" option disappear.

I think that boot screen options concern booting form sftp server on lan to install OS.

But I'll Try it any way.

Comment

just tried boot screen options :
      Boot Screen > Boot From Onboard LAN = Enabled
      ACPI Configuration > Wake From Onboard LAN = Enabled

Got this message at boot
      Click image for larger version

Name:	BootFromLAN.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	754978
      and after shutting down the PC from windows, it powers on by it self endlessly .

that's another Issue for eddy to report :)

then I did disable "Boot From Onboard LAN"

and Enabled "PCIE Devices Power On"

after exiting BIOS and shutting down and before unpluging the power , wake on LAN seems to work!!! , but once I unplugged the power cord , then plugged it again It does not work at all.

That's confusing !!!!

Comment

Glad to see you found something anyhow!
        Invest more and share anything useful you discover.

Comment

Dear Eng Hooda,

I had just test Z87 Performance board of wake on LAN function, it can works normally.
          BIOS:P2.10
          Wake On Lan tool: MAGPAC

Please kindly refer my steps as below to try.
          1.Load BIOS default. and enter to BIOS> Advanced>ACPI Configuration>PCI Device Power on>Enable.
          2.Enter to OS and shutdown system.
          3.Due to this board have two LAN port also it have two mac address, please make sure have type correct mac address. (it can be checked at motherboard near rear panel and sound chip, or at cmd command line type "ipconfig /all" to check).
          If it is not correct mac address please change to the other Lan port or type the other set mac address for try.

If problem still remains please provide some picture and test information for us to verify.
          Thanks

ASRock TSD
          Eddy

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
            Dear Eng Hooda,

I had just test Z87 Performance board of wake on LAN function, it can works normally.
            BIOS:P2.10
            Wake On Lan tool: MAGPAC

Please kindly refer my steps as below to try.
            1.Load BIOS default. and enter to BIOS> Advanced>ACPI Configuration>PCI Device Power on>Enable.
            2.Enter to OS and shutdown system.
            3.Due to this board have two LAN port also it have two mac address, please make sure have type correct mac address. (it can be checked at motherboard near rear panel and sound chip, or at cmd command line type "ipconfig /all" to check).
            If it is not correct mac address please change to the other Lan port or type the other set mac address for try.

If problem still remains please provide some picture and test information for us to verify.
            Thanks

ASRock TSD
            Eddy
            Thank you eddy for your response

Just did as instructed
            1-loaded UEFI defaults
            2-Enabled "PCIE Devices Power On"
            3-Saved changes
            4-shutdown windows
            5-sent magic packet to the correct MAC address "Fing" (android app) detects it automatically and it was tested to work before.

Sadly still did not work.

since I am allowed one upload it all in One.

Click image for larger version

Name:	steps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	754981

Comment

Dear Eng Hooda,

As previous talked,if your OS is windows8/8.1.
              Please also refer below link to set windows shutdown behavior:
              ASRock > Support > FAQ

I have just test windows8.1 OS, it can enable Wake on Lan too.

If have any question please feel free to let me know.

ASRock TSD

Eddy

Comment

Originally posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
                Windows settings are effective when you want to wake on a computer from standby. When it is shut down, only bios settings are effective.
                This is not correct.

My PC (with Z97 Anniversary) starts when i DISABLE! a USB HDD, although the PC has been completely shut down before. Wake on Lan is disabled.

And two days ago the PC started at 1:14 in the midnight. After a long search i found the "Adobe Flash Player PPAPI Notifier" in the Windows Task Scheduler, which starts every 7 days at 1:13...

In my opinion, it is not possible to completely shut down this asrock board. The only way is to switch off the power supply.

PS: Fast startup under shutdown settings in Windows 8.1 is disable!
                Last edited by Kosake; 06-02-2015, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Dear Eng Hooda,

ASRock > Support > FAQ

ASRock TSD

Eddy
                  I did already set windows shutdown behavior.

please provide me with screen shots of enabling wake on lan form win 8.1 , for my two intel Gigabit Adapters because I could not find that setting as you described earlier.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Kosake View Post
                    This is not correct.

My PC (with Z97 Anniversary) starts when i DISABLE! a USB HDD, although the PC has been completely shut down before. Wake on Lan is disabled.

And two days ago the PC started at 1:14 in the midnight. After a long search i found the "Adobe Flash Player PPAPI Notifier" in the Windows Task Scheduler, which starts every 7 days at 1:13...

In my opinion, it is not possible to completely shut down this asrock board. The only way is to switch off the power supply.

PS: Fast startup under shutdown settings in Windows 8.1 is disable!
                    Hold the power button a few seconds and force the computer turn off. This guarantees shutdown in S5 mode. Then see if scheduled wake-up or other OS-tuned wake-up works or not.

Comment

Dear Eng Hooda,

ASRock > Support > FAQ

ASRock TSD

Eddy
                      Originally posted by Eng Hooda View Post
                      I did already set windows shutdown behavior.

please provide me with screen shots of enabling wake on lan form win 8.1 , for my two intel Gigabit Adapters because I could not find that setting as you described earlier.

Thank you
                      Dear Eddy
                      I did not get any reply from you on my last question , neither from Your company which I mailed 4 times before not a single reply (just the automated messages below).
                      Subject : ASRock Technical Support Division - BIOS Isuues
                      On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:06 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Customer,

Please DO NOT reply to this automatic mail. It is just a confirmation that we have received your email. We will have technical support personnel to contact you soon.

For technical issue and emergency case, we suggest you to contact your dealer first.

If your dealer can’t solve your problem, ASRock web site also offers FAQ and CPU support lists (ASRock > Support). Some similar questions or solutions could be found there and our technical support engineers update the FAQ every month.

If it is regarding repair/RMA service, please kindly check with your dealer for related service. Please remember to record the model name & product serial number for future tracking.

Thanks for your email,
                      ASRock Technical Support Division

Subject : ASRock Technical Support Division - BIOS Isuues
                      On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:59 PM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Customer,

Please DO NOT reply to this automatic mail. It is just a confirmation that we have received your email. We will have technical support personnel to contact you soon.

For technical issue and emergency case, we suggest you to contact your dealer first.

If your dealer can’t solve your problem, ASRock web site also offers FAQ and CPU support lists (ASRock > Support). Some similar questions or solutions could be found there and our technical support engineers update the FAQ every month.

If it is regarding repair/RMA service, please kindly check with your dealer for related service. Please remember to record the model name & product serial number for future tracking.

Thanks for your email,

Subject : ASRock Technical Support Division - Wake On LAN Does Not Work!!
                      On Sunday, May 10, 2015 2:41 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your email,
                      Subject : ASRock Technical Support Division - Please Replay my messages
                      On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 10:45 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your email,

Sadly After this behavior , I am to assume that ASRock Jumps to production WITHOUT proper testing and function verification.

So I will Advice against ASRock Products .

New buyers please be Aware.
                      Last edited by Eng Hooda; 06-18-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Dear Kosake,

Please kindly try enter to BIOS and set BIOS->Advanced->Chipset Configuration->Deep Sleep->Enabled in S4-S5 for try.
                        Then disable other power on option at same page, for verify this symptom, we suggest to remove Lan cable for verify.
                        Thanks.

ASRock TSD
                        Eddy

Comment

Dear Eng Hooda,

Thanks for your feedback.
                          We have tested on this board it can use wake on Lan function.
                          It only have to adjust below setting:
                          1.windows8 shutdown behavior.
                          2.1.Load BIOS default. and enter to BIOS> Advanced>ACPI Configuration>PCI Device Power on>Enable.
                          2.2Enter to OS and shutdown system.
                          2.3.Due to this board have two LAN port and it also have two mac address, please make sure have type correct mac address. (it can be checked at motherboard near rear panel and sound chip, or at cmd command line type "ipconfig /all" to check).

Our wake on Lan tool is using MAGPAC.
                          If still can't enable wake on Lan, we provide some suggestion to try,
                          1.Please test on same wake on Lan tool for try.
                          2.Disable your device firewall for try.
                          3.Try to do RMA process for verify,
                          About the warranty policy it's different by countries, please check with local distributor.
                          ASRock > Where to buy

ASRock TSD
                          Eddy

Comment

Working...
                          X