CRITICAL DRIVERS Updates For Asrock Extreme6 Z97 for Win 7 64 Home Premium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRITICAL DRIVERS Updates For Asrock Extreme6 Z97 for Win 7 64 Home Premium

Hi guys was wondering what you think is the best way to get the most current update of the asrock DVD effectively, that is the drivers and a few programs that came on the disk. Intel for some reason seems to be worthless, that is their scanning software. They hare a prog you DL and supposed to tell you what drivers to DL. At least for me its worthless.
    I noticed a weird thing. Newer versions like the "USB 3.1" for ex. It seems to have the same driver models and dated to mostly the 2015 erra. Was wondering if they are usable one like the INF, the onboard sound, ME the basic and important ones.

Im only interested in a few to make the chase easier for ex.
    Realtek high definition audio driver ver:7004 (I know a new verion had been releaser .7240)
    The INF Chipset driver INF driver ver:10.0.21
    Intel Management Engine driver ver:10.0.31.1000 though the Windows 7 64bit ver:10.0.30.1054 and the 6 AC version has Windows 7 64bit ver:10.0.0.1204
    Realtek LAN driver has Windows 7 ver:7.86.508.2014 and ver:7086 I dont understand
    LAN Driver Windows 7 64bit ver:19.0.27.0
    ASMedia SATA3 Windows 7 64bit ver:2.0.8.0 (ASMedia ASM1061)
    ASMedia USB 3.0 Windows 7 64bit ver:1.16.15.0 (Seems ASMedia ASM1042AE is the driver)
    And INTEL USB 3 Windows 7 64bit ver:3.0.1.41
    With the Rates of flaws and hacks found and increases in performance I've been really trying hard to get upgraded drivers.
    I cant seem to manage to find updates from Asmedias site like one at least sort of can on intels.

P.S. Why are there an intel Lan and Realtek and asmedia? I Always though realtek did audio.
    Smart connect does not seem real vital and Rapid start is convenient but again not vital.
    ALSO IVE COME across a INF FILE v10.0.26 but dont know if its for our MOBOS and as far as i know there is a USB Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver _3.0.5.69.zip and
    LAN_Win7_64_PROWin_19.1.exe though not CERTAIN IF its for out LAN.
    REALLY need help with all ASMEDIA and INF files, Intel Management Engine driver, Realtek Lan driver, Lan driver ver:19.0.27.0
    AND DO YOU STILL HAVE TO INSTALL THE *For Windows 7 (32 / 64 bit) OS, please install Windows Update KB2685811 before installing Intel ME driver. BEFORE Intel Management Engine driver though it only says that now on the Z97 Extreme6/ac
    This is one of the best ive come accross that may help you out" https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/70898/Intel-Desktop-Board-DZ87KLT-75K"
    REALLY BE GREATFUL FOR ANY NEW IDEAS asrock seem to be a dead end. Good Hardware bad Tech support. BTW NOT CERTAIN THE INF FILE I FOUND on intel is legit and installable Chipset_10.0.26_Public

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Last edited by sebastian869; 04-29-2015, 12:35 AM. Reason: Spelling Corrections

Re: CRITICAL DRIVERS Updates For Asrock Extreme6 Z97 for Win 7 64 Home Premium

Originally posted by sebastian869 View Post
    Hi guys was wondering what you think is the best way to get the most current update of the asrock DVD effectively, that is the drivers and a few programs that came on the disk. Intel for some reason seems to be worthless, that is their scanning software. They hare a prog you DL and supposed to tell you what drivers to DL. At least for me its worthless.
    I noticed a weird thing. Newer versions like the "USB 3.1" for ex. It seems to have the same driver models and dated to mostly the 2015 erra. Was wondering if they are usable one like the INF, the onboard sound, ME the basic and important ones.

Im only interested in a few to make the chase easier for ex.
    Realtek high definition audio driver ver:7004 (I know a new verion had been releaser .7240)
    The INF Chipset driver INF driver ver:10.0.21
    Intel Management Engine driver ver:10.0.31.1000 though the Windows 7 64bit ver:10.0.30.1054 and the 6 AC version has Windows 7 64bit ver:10.0.0.1204
    Realtek LAN driver has Windows 7 ver:7.86.508.2014 and ver:7086 I dont understand
    LAN Driver Windows 7 64bit ver:19.0.27.0
    ASMedia SATA3 Windows 7 64bit ver:2.0.8.0 (ASMedia ASM1061)
    ASMedia USB 3.0 Windows 7 64bit ver:1.16.15.0 (Seems ASMedia ASM1042AE is the driver)
    And INTEL USB 3 Windows 7 64bit ver:3.0.1.41
    With the Rates of flaws and hacks found and increases in performance I've been really trying hard to get upgraded drivers.
    I cant seem to manage to find updates from Asmedias site like one at least sort of can on intels.

P.S. Why are there an intel Lan and Realtek and asmedia? I Always though realtek did audio.
    Smart connect does not seem real vital and Rapid start is convenient but again not vital.
    ALSO IVE COME across a INF FILE v10.0.26 but dont know if its for our MOBOS and as far as i know there is a USB Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver _3.0.5.69.zip and
    LAN_Win7_64_PROWin_19.1.exe though not CERTAIN IF its for out LAN.
    REALLY need help with all ASMEDIA and INF files, Intel Management Engine driver, Realtek Lan driver, Lan driver ver:19.0.27.0
    AND DO YOU STILL HAVE TO INSTALL THE *For Windows 7 (32 / 64 bit) OS, please install Windows Update KB2685811 before installing Intel ME driver. BEFORE Intel Management Engine driver though it only says that now on the Z97 Extreme6/ac
    This is one of the best ive come accross that may help you out" https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/70898/Intel-Desktop-Board-DZ87KLT-75K"
    REALLY BE GREATFUL FOR ANY NEW IDEAS asrock seem to be a dead end. Good Hardware bad Tech support. BTW NOT CERTAIN THE INF FILE I FOUND on intel is legit and installable Chipset_10.0.26_Public

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    CRITICAL driver updates? Why are they critical, or are you being critical of the driver updates?

Before I become critical, I'll point you to the best collection of the latest driver updates I'm aware of, right here in the TweakTown forum.

That is, stasio's Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, & Stability Tools thread. The driver listings are in the second post:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

As usual, use them at your own risk, some are beta drivers from various sources. I'm trying to work my way through (the wall of text) your post...

My comments:

While most PC enthusiasts will update drivers blindly (meaning we don't know what is different in the new driver, and if the new driver actually offers some benefit) and we seem to get away with that most of the time (I do it), there is another methodology or philosophy regarding drivers. That is, a mother board manufacture actually verifies the correct operation of a board with a set of drivers. That process takes time and resources.

Do we know that a mother board manufacture that includes updated drivers for a board actually tested them with the board? Just because a driver is new does not automatically mean it is better, or perfect in operation. Examples of that are any number of video card drivers that have problems after their release, and even Intel has had versions of their IRST driver that were released officially and later found to have critical bugs and removed from their downloads.

Why are there an intel Lan and Realtek and asmedia? I Always though realtek did audio.

Your board has both an Intel I218V and Realtek RTL8111GR network chips, and two network ports on the IO panel, one for each. I don't know where you found an ASMedia network chip. It helps to know what hardware you have in your board, which is clearly stated in the Specifications. This board also has a Realtek audio chip

Intel's download page is not hard to use, once you work with it for a while. For example, choosing Ethernet Components, and below that Ethernet Controllers, and finally I218V from the drop down list brings you to this page:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...nection-I218-V

If you then filter on your OS, Windows 7, you'll find the latest Intel network driver for the I218V is version 20.0.

You may find a newer ASMedia SATA driver for the two ASMedia ASM1061 SATA chips on stasio's download thread.

BTW NOT CERTAIN THE INF FILE I FOUND on intel is legit and installable Chipset_10.0.26_Public

How could an INF file installation program from Intel's own download source not be "legit"? INF files, which are not drivers but INFormation files about the Intel hardware and drivers on your board. They are used by driver installation programs to identify what hardware exists on a board. If the hardware on your board changed, which is impossible, a newer INF file installer, which just has additions for new chipsets, is not necessary. Otherwise, that should be first "driver" installation program you run after installing Windows.

Regarding the Intel Management Engine software, Intel no longer directly supplies the latest versions. They are supplied to mother board manufactures. So just find the highest version number you can, and use it.

And after all the other drivers you asked about, you left out the one I would care about more than any of the others. That is the Intel IRST driver, which is both an AHCI and RAID driver. So you just use the generic Windows msahci driver with your 850 SSD? Oh well...

Comment

Re: CRITICAL DRIVERS Updates For Asrock Extreme6 Z97 for Win 7 64 Home Premium

Thanks for the link your the first to send a great one rather then state the obvious like asrock lol kind of pathetic if you look at the extreme 6 (ASRock > Z97 Extreme6) and the "New version" (ASRock > Z97 Extreme6/3.1 see how full of BS they are and who they now care about but their still behind easy example is intel usb USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller v3.0.5.69

Comment

Working...
      X