Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme4 Gen3: USB doesn't work without Windows

Hello,

ive Updated my EFI Firmware from 2.10 to 2.30 before i change my CPU laste week. It seems that it all works fine, but i noticed yesterday that no one of my USB Plugs work without windows.

I have already delete and Reset all the Settings, Re-flash the latest Beta-EFI but i can only use PS/2 Keyboard in UEFI or in Windows 7 Bootloader.

When Windows 7 show the Login-Screen, all lights from USB-Keyboard, Mouse, USB-Camera turns on.

Please help me!

greetings

Re: Z68 Extreme4 Gen3: USB doesn't work without Windows

You were using UEFI version 2.10 with what CPU?

What CPU are you now using with UEFI 2.30?

When you updated to 2.10, did you also update the Intel Management Engine driver to ver:8.0.2.1410?

Did you check in the UEFI if any options or new settings in the USB screen need to be selected?

Did you try unplugging your USB devices one at a time to see if one of them is causing a problem? Try the USB camera first. The keyboard, mouse, and camera all seem to be working fine?

Do you have the ASRock XFast USB program installed? If you do, try uninstalling it and see if the USB ports work again.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      You were using UEFI version 2.10 with what CPU?

What CPU are you now using with UEFI 2.30?

When you updated to 2.10, did you also update the Intel Management Engine driver to ver:8.0.2.1410?

Did you check in the UEFI if any options or new settings in the USB screen need to be selected?

Did you try unplugging your USB devices one at a time to see if one of them is causing a problem? Try the USB camera first. The keyboard, mouse, and camera all seem to be working fine?

Do you have the ASRock XFast USB program installed? If you do, try uninstalling it and see if the USB ports work again.
      Hi,

thank you for you fast answer. I will try to explain.

"old" CPU: Core i7 2700K "Sandy Bridge" with 2.10

"new" CPU: Core i7 3770K "Ivy Bridge" change after Upgrade to 2.30

I remember that the UEFI Update automaticly updated the ME, but I didn't remember which one.

Before the Windows OS is showing the Login Screen, none of my USB Devices should work. I reset the UEFI settings more the one time to its default settings. nothing helps.

Yes, i have XFast installed. But on Windows I haven't any Problems.

greetings

Comment

Is there any option like "USB Legacy Support" inside bios settings? Enabling or sometimes disabling it may help.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTHoS71 View Post
          Hi,

thank you for you fast answer. I will try to explain.

"old" CPU: Core i7 2700K "Sandy Bridge" with 2.10

"new" CPU: Core i7 3770K "Ivy Bridge" change after Upgrade to 2.30

I remember that the UEFI Update automaticly updated the ME, but I didn't remember which one.

Before the Windows OS is showing the Login Screen, none of my USB Devices should work. I reset the UEFI settings more the one time to its default settings. nothing helps.

Yes, i have XFast installed. But on Windows I haven't any Problems.

greetings
          UEFI 2.10 is the Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge compatibility update, which also does the IME firmware update. The IME firmware is part of the UEFI 2.10 update, but the IME software is different. If you didn't run the IME software installer, give that a try, although I can't guarantee it will make a difference. There is a link on the UEFI page, in the 2.10 listing, that downloads IME version v8.0.2.1410_1.5M, which is a zip file. That is different from the version I listed in my first reply.

You can check the IME software version you have in Windows Programs and Features.

I assume it is the USB 2.0 ports that are not working, is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
            I assume it is the USB 2.0 ports that are not working, is that right?
            Yes, thats right. But i have found a solution on a other forum: I flashed the EFI again and and remove battery for a while. After that I reload standard settings and disable the settings for "Legacy Support USB 3.0"
            now I have my USB-Keyboard & Mouse back! :-)

Thanks all for try helping me.

Comment

Working...
            X