ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2 CPU support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2 CPU support

Hello, i want to buy this AM2+ motherboard (ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2) and i possess an AMD Athlon x2 7750 AM2+ CPU. However, this cpu is missing from motherboard cpu support list.
    Could this be false information in cpu support list, or that the motherboard can't support this proccessor?
    Thanks.

Re: ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2 CPU support

Most of the specs of the Athlon x2 7750 are the same as the other AM2+ processors in the CPU support list. Both are compatible with the AMD "Cartwheel" platform, and have the same CPUID. The buss speed and TDP are compatible.

But one difference I see that may be the problem is the channel width of the memory controller. The Athlon x2 7750 has a memory controller channel width of 64 bits, while the other AM2+ processors in the list have a 72 bit memory controller channel width.

AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition - AD775ZWCJ2BGH / AD775ZWCGHBOX

AMD Phenom X4 9750 - HD9750WCJ4BGH / HD9750WCGHBOX

I'm not sure if that is the compatibility difference. The Athlon x2 7750 was introduced later (12/2008) than the other AM2+ processors, and may need a different CPU microcode that is part of the BIOS. The last BIOS update for this board was 4/2008, so it won't have the correct CPU microcode, IF it is needed.

The compatibility issue might also be related to the Nvidia chipset used on this board.

Comment

Hello
      Sorry, I don't want to help; I am interested to know what was your inspiration to choosing this board?

Comment

Originally posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
        Hello
        Sorry, I don't want to help; I am interested to know what was your inspiration to choosing this board?
        I would be very surprised if this board was available new anywhere in the world, from a retailer. I assume it is a used board or at best never used and being sold by a private party. It was released over seven years ago (2008.)

The OP's inspiration is probably finding a cheap used board that might be useable with a processor he has that is not being used.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          I would be very surprised if this board was available new anywhere in the world, from a retailer. I assume it is a used board or at best never used and being sold by a private party. It was released over seven years ago (2008.)

The OP's inspiration is probably finding a cheap used board that might be useable with a processor he has that is not being used.
          Thank you. Much likely that's true.

Comment

Working...
          X