Asrock 990FX Extreme9 USB 3.0 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock 990FX Extreme9 USB 3.0 problem

Etron driver are finicky. Etron even stipulates to uninstall the current drivers prior to installing new ones. SandsOfTime was correct to inform you to uninstall first and promptly reboot before loading the new driver.

The .119 drivers a problematic. PITA really. Etron has had a few revisions of the .119 drivers and so far none have made the cut. They've made them available and then promptly taken them down more times than I care to count.

Grab the .118 driver HERE and follow SandsOfTime's recommendations again. Remembering to reboot promptly after uninstalling you current one.

Do the files play fine on the Host using the same USB 3.0 port? If I were a betting man I'd venture they do. That the VM crashed gives me pause, especially since you seem to indicate this only started after the crash and subsequent moving of the VM to an external drive. And stuttering/buffering while playing from within the "crashed' VM.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob F View Post
      There is a new firmware version for the Etron Ej188 chip available here:
      Station-Drivers - NEWS

I'm curious if that helps. Unfortunately, My board has the Ej168A, so I hesitate to try it.
      "Error occured and the command cannot be completed. (Error code=504)"

Originally posted by - wardog -
      Grab the .118 driver HERE and follow SandsOfTime's recommendations again. Remembering to reboot promptly after uninstalling you current one.

Comment

Yea. Nevermind the versioning "inside' the Etron USB drivers. Again, they've been like that for some time.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

hehe, and glad to hear you have things sorted out and working there.

Comment

The problem is, I have no idea what happened. I had been using Windows 10 for a month, since Microsoft’s Etron USB 3.0 driver in Windows 10 does not corrupt data. But pretty much nothing works in Windows 10 for me. As for USB 3.0 interface, I started noticing that the external drive gets disconnected when using multiple files simulataneously or trying to read and write to the drive at the same time. Because of this and countless other issues I rolled back to Windows 7, doing a fresh install. After I firstly gained control of my newly installed system, my first and only step before any other change to the system was to install the Etron .118 driver, which resulted in a BSOD. Then I tried .115 version, provided by the motherboard manufacturer, the result was the same. The installation was registered in Programs and Features list, but the system acquired no USB 3.0 functionality. I then extracted the driver package content and manually installed the driver via the Windows driver wizard with no BSOD (attempts to use this method with more recent versions all resulted in a BSOD). And only then the USB 3.0 became functional.
            Last edited by UTF16; 10-23-2015, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Starting with Windows 8.0 there is no more need to install a vendor specific USB 3.0 driver! Intel don't even delivers USB 3.0 drivers for Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10, just for Windows 7 only. It's like in 'the old days' starting with Windows XP SP1, there was no more need to install vendor specific USB 2.0 drivers. USB 3 is a so called industry standard, and so Windows has a inbox driver for it.
              ---
              Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Working...
              X