conroe1333-d667 loses audio - cannot update chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conroe1333-d667 loses audio - cannot update chipset

I am using a conroe 1333-D667 to run Pinnacle Studio 15 with the Realtek HD audio driver R2.47. Randomly the audio stops in the import from video mode - sometimes after 2 minutes other times up to an hour goes by before it happrens. To eliminate the software as culprit I have run it on another PC with similar CPU speed and RAM and it does not happen on that PC. I have been constantly plagued by driver update sites telling me that the 82801 chipset drivers are out of date. I have downloaded these and tried to install them but the driver scan tells me that they have not updated. Would this be due to running on 1.00 bios - do these updates require 1.60 or better? The spec of the 1333-D667 is E6600 2.4Ghz CPU 3.4GB DDR2 667 RAM in dual channel mode, Palit 512MB video card. The loss of sound is only to the speakers, not to the capture file so again I dont think this is a Pinnacle issue. The out of date drivers are Intel SATA - 27C0, Intel ATA - 27DF, Intel PCI bridge 244E, Intel processor to IO - 2770, Intel PCI Express - 2771, Intel LPC interface - 27B8, Intel USB Host controller - 27CB and 27C9 and 27CA and 27CC, Intel PCI Express root port - 27d0 and 27D2 and Intel SMBus controller - 27DA. Guidance wuold be greatly appreciated.

ASRock > ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0

ASRock > ConRoe1333-D667 R2.0

ASRock > ConRoe1333-D667 R3.0

The audio chip on these boards is an ALC662 or ALC888 Audio Codec, depending on the board version. The audio driver for these codecs is from Realtek, so nothing to do with Intel.

The Intel video support on your board also likely has audio support. The Intel audio driver is included in the VGA driver download file.

Your video card may also have audio output that could be available for use, do you know which audio source you are using?

All three board versions have version 1.90 as the latest version, so I cannot identify your board specifically. Driver installation is not dependent on a BIOS version, except in unusual circumstances.

The codes you listed are the hardware IDs used by Intel and driver installation programs to identify different sub-systems of the Intel chipsets. Those IDs are never used in the names of driver programs, and you could never find a driver with those IDs in the file name. The chipset names I listed above are all you need to find the drivers you need, if updated drivers would actually help.

What "driver scan" are you using, and what is it looking for, those hardware IDs?

Are you visiting the driver update sites by your choice? Some of them are scams. Have you always had this audio problem with this board?

IMO, your problem is not related to drivers, since you only lose sound from the speakers. Given the age of the board, the audio connector from the board's IO panel may be losing its connection, or the cable from the PC is faulty.

Comment

Re: conroe1333-d667 loses audio - cannot update chipset

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Sorry forgot to say R1.0 and in fact I have 2 identical machines with the same specs and both do the same thing so I dont think it is a component fault. I thought it was a resource problem so have increased the CPU from 1.6 to 2.4 and the RAM from 2x1Gb to 2 x2GB and installed the audio card to stop memory sharing. the fault has been consistent throughout these changes.
      ASRock > ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0

ASRock > ConRoe1333-D667 R2.0

ASRock > ConRoe1333-D667 R3.0

The audio chip on these boards is an ALC662 or ALC888 Audio Codec, depending on the board version. The audio driver for these codecs is from Realtek, so nothing to do with Intel.

I downloadeed the relatek driver 1.74 from the AS Rock conroe website link and then recently uploaded 2.74 into one machine but no change.

The Intel video support on your board also likely has audio support. The Intel audio driver is included in the VGA driver download file.
      Have already uploaded the file on the website link.

Your video card may also have audio output that could be available for use, do you know which audio source you are using?

I am definitely using the HD audio codec because I dasabled the HD audio in bios and had no sound at all.

All three board versions have version 1.90 as the latest version, so I cannot identify your board specifically. Driver installation is not dependent on a BIOS version, except in unusual circumstances.

I am quire relaxed about doing a bios upgrade - i even have a DOS machine to create the SYS disk I have a spare bios chip so maybe I should have a go.

The codes you listed are the hardware IDs used by Intel and driver installation programs to identify different sub-systems of the Intel chipsets. Those IDs are never used in the names of driver programs, and you could never find a driver with those IDs in the file name. The chipset names I listed above are all you need to find the drivers you need, if updated drivers would actually help.

Yes the drivers identified by the scan on Driver update (now being peddled by AVG) shows the ICH7 set, the PCI Bridge 244E, the PCI Express Rooot port and the 945G IO controller. I only used the ID's for shorthand.

What "driver scan" are you using, and what is it looking for, those hardware IDs?

Driver Update via the AVG lilnk.

Are you visiting the driver update sites by your choice? Some of them are scams. Have you always had this audio problem with this board?

Yes I thought it might solve the problem. Yes ever since I started using Pinnacle - probably never used extensive audio before.

IMO, your problem is not related to drivers, since you only lose sound from the speakers. Given the age of the board, the audio connector from the board's IO panel may be losing its connection, or the cable from the PC is faulty.
      Both machines have the fault. have checked all cables connectors.

Thanks for your interest

Comment

Working...
      X