Z97 Slow SSD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Z97 Slow SSD?

It's probably a Windows 10 compatibility issue. That would be a bit odd IMO, since I have had very good luck with almost every program and driver I've used with Win 10 TP. But that is most likely the cause.

Since TweakTown was using the Intel SATA ports and the IRST driver when they used Storage Executive, it's not an issue with the Intel SATA ports.

If your SATA mode for the Intel chipset was AHCI when you installed Windows, you can install the Intel IRST driver used for AHCI and RAID. That would be the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility ver:13.1.0.1058 on your board's download page. The IRST version is the same for Win 7, 8, 8.1, and would work with Win 10 TP.

Since you were using the storahci driver from Win 8.1 or 10 TP, your SATA mode for the Intel SATA chipset was set to AHCI, the default for your board. So no need to do a registry edit.

ASRock > Z97 Extreme4

I've used multiple version of the IRST driver with Win 10 TP, and they worked fine, at least any version compatible with Win 8.1.

Regardless, some of the SSD utility programs can be a let down once you try them, so if it doesn't work you aren't missing much. They are hyped as much more than they actually are.

Comment

Working...
    X