Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock Fatal1ty Z87 Professiona Onboard Sound Issue

Hi All

I have this annoying problem in that the on board sound does not work randomly. Sometimes it just disappears from device manager all together. I have to reboot the machine to make it appear again, and this doesn't always work.

Win 8.1 x64
    16Gb RAM
    i7 4770K
    Bios ver 1.90

Cheers

Re: AsRock Fatal1ty Z87 Professiona Onboard Sound Issue

I assume you are referring to the Creative Sound Core 3D audio chip on your board?

If it literally disappears from Device Manager, that is a major problem that seems like the board might be bad. Or possibly power is not reaching the chip because of a bad connection with the power supply, or possibly a short circuit between the bottom of the board and your PC case.

If that is caused by the driver alone, that is terrible. I had no luck searching for another driver directly from Creative, but did not spend a lot of time looking.

We have no idea what you use for speakers or headphones, or what you use the audio for, music or gaming.

Depending on your hardware, there may be more audio options you could use. If you have a video card, they normally have their own audio support, which you can select in the Windows Sound option in Control Panel. If you install the Intel on-CPU video driver, it also installs the Intel audio driver for the audio support in the Z87 chipset, which you can also select in Sound.

Any chance you can get a replacement board to see if that is the problem?

Comment

Re: AsRock Fatal1ty Z87 Professiona Onboard Sound Issue

I assume you are referring to the Creative Sound Core 3D audio chip on your board?
      Yes that's the one. I've read of others suffering from the same fate, but no resolution...

I would say that the board is bad, this doesn't seem to be a driver issue. I've also ruled out power problems and a board/case short circuit.

Currently I have the digital audio hooked up to an amp/receiver. I'm running twin 770gtx graphics cards so I could get an extra HDMI cable to run audio to the receiver that way.

I don't really want to return the board as I use the machine heavily for work purposes and can't afford the downtime.

Thanks for your input

Comment

Working...
      X