X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drives keep disappearing.

Hi Guys

Hopefully someone can help me.

I have just updated my motherboard in my computer to the ASRock Z77 Extreme11 and have seated in it a 2600K D2 and is running in standard config with no OC'ing (yet) and watercooled with the Corsair H100

2x Sapphire 7970's
    32GB G-Skill Sniper RAM using XMP profile

I have populated SATA ports 0-6 with the following:

0-1 2x Corsair 120GB Force SSD in RAID 0 (Boot drive)
    2-3 Corsair Force 120 GB SSD, 6TB Western Digital SATA HDD
    4-5 4Tb Western Digital SATA HDD, 1.5TB Westerern Digital SATA HDD

I have populated the SAS2/SATA3 ports with the following:

2 1.5TB Western Digital SATA HDD
    4 DVD Player/writer.

My problem is that the machine boots fine with all drives present but after a short period of time the drives attached to the SAS2/SATA3 ports disappear. They are no longer viewable or usable, until I reboot where they are visible/usable until they disappear again.

PSU is a 1200 Watt and the drives in question are on rails with other drives that maintain their functionality. I have installed what I believe to be all the drivers.

Does anybody have any thoughts on what the issue is and/or how to resolve it? Any other tips on getting this board working well would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Corsair 800D Case
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 F9
    i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    4x4GB G.SKill Sniper 1600MHz F3-12800CL7D-8GBSR [email protected]
    Corsair H100
    Corsair 120GB Force 2 SSD
    4x 1.5TB WD Greens
    SilverStone Strider Gold 1200W
    2x Sapphire HD 6970

Re: Drives keep disappearing.

I don't have experience with the LSI SAS controller, which is not commonly used on most boards. So you may not get may replies.

One thing to try is in your Windows Power Plan, Advanced settings, Hard disk. The Turn off hard disk after setting is probably set to several minutes. Try setting it to Never and see if your drives don't disappear.

Comment

Re: Drives keep disappearing.

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      I don't have experience with the LSI SAS controller, which is not commonly used on most boards. So you may not get may replies.

One thing to try is in your Windows Power Plan, Advanced settings, Hard disk. The Turn off hard disk after setting is probably set to several minutes. Try setting it to Never and see if your drives don't disappear.
      Thanks for that, I'll definitely give that go. Sometimes it is the simple things.
      Corsair 800D Case
      Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 F9
      i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
      4x4GB G.SKill Sniper 1600MHz F3-12800CL7D-8GBSR [email protected]
      Corsair H100
      Corsair 120GB Force 2 SSD
      4x 1.5TB WD Greens
      SilverStone Strider Gold 1200W
      2x Sapphire HD 6970

Comment

Working...
      X