Z97 Pro3 HDMI type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z97 Pro3 HDMI type

Does anyone know which hdmi type this motherboard has? (1.4 or maybe even 2.0)
    I would like to know because I want to playback 4k videos with this motherboard (in combination with an intel hasswell i5- proseccor)
    Thanx in advance for the answer.

Re: Z97 Pro3 HDMI type

I looked at the specs for this MB and another looking for 4K support.

This MB doesn't specify adequate resolution for 4K. Even HDMI 2.0 is no guarantee for the required 4K resolution. The Asus version did specify 4K support Motherboards - Z97-PRO - ASUS

The issue is HDMI 2.0 is transmission bandwidth but you still need to satisfy resolution requirements.

HDMI 2.1 is here, but there are still plenty of questions to be answered. In this guide, we cover the current version while discussing the future of HDMI.

You can correct this with a fairly cheap GPU if you find playback unacceptable.
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 01-06-2015, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Re: Z97 Pro3 HDMI type

The Intel video capability depends upon which processor you are using and the graphics core that it uses. The board itself could be a limiting factor, but the board's design should at least match what the Intel graphics are capable of providing.

Currently, the Intel graphics support HDMI 1.4, but the resolution, etc, depends on the processor. Haswell i5 processors use six different Intel graphics levels:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Intel video capability.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	754780

Comment

Working...
      X