Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

really need help with a piece of hardware that didnt get a driver a bit hard one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really need help with a piece of hardware that didnt get a driver a bit hard one.

Hi I was doing a new build when i was done with the installs or so i though, i looked at the device manager and saw there was still one divice with an uninstalled driver. Its currently showing a yellow astrisk or key/lock not sure and labled as PCI Simple Communications controller.
    To make this build harder its the first time ive ever used a ssd as boot or at all for that matter and had to update to win 7 since i heard 8 was horrible for directx otherwise would of waited till 9.
    I can click on the pop and and properties the generic update driver does nothing. but i can click on details and at that point it gets very technical beyond my means and what sucks is theres like 40 options not 2-3 to figure out what this item is so no i need to find out what parameters matter for ex capabilities, sibling, config class and each has an answer.

Hardware Ids:
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CBA&SUBSYS_8CBA1849&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CBA&SUBSYS_8CBA1849
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CBA&CC_078000
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CBA&CC_0780

.....location information:
    PCI bus 0, device 22, function 0
    Physical device object name:
    \Device\NTPNP_PCI0003

Emumerator:
    PCI

Address:

Location Paths:
    PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1600)

DevNode Status:
    DN_HAS_PROBLEM
    DN_DISABLEABLE
    DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
    DN_NT_DRIVER

I really was thinking that its a asrock driver i forgot to install but now im not sure. i was thinking im all done with a win fresh install and then i notice the situation in the device manager.
    I have win 7 64
    780ti, 7490k, extreme6, 16gb 2133 mem, one 240gb ssd and one raptor, AHCI enabled so is trim and boot drive is the ssd (Dont know if it matters but the SSD is the samsung 850 pro).
    Really appreciate any insight or ideas.
    Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Last edited by sebastian869; 12-27-2014, 01:31 PM.

Re: really need help with a piece of hardware that didnt get a driver a bit hard one.

That Device Manager entry is not a problem at all and nothing to worry about. It may simply disappear after one or more restarts of the PC.

It is not related to your SSD, and is not caused by a missing specific driver for that "device".

We have no idea how you installed drivers on your new OS installation, did you use the board's disk, or did you manually install the drivers? One method is not wrong or right, just asking.

Usually that Device Manager entry is related to the Intel Management Engine driver, did you install it? You may see it if you installed it or not.

There is a Windows update that should be installed when using Windows 7 and installing the IME driver, the update is here:

Download Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 update for Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 from Official Microsoft Download Center

You can see this update posted in the IME driver description on your board's download page, here:

ASRock > Z97 Extreme6

I've had that Device Manager entry on several different PCs/boards, and just the other day on a Windows 10 TP installation. I did nothing about it, and now it's gone.

I know this all sounds ambiguous, and it is because the cause of the entry is difficult to explain, and is apparently caused by a bug of some kind between the Intel IME software and Windows. It's really not a problem that will affect your PC in any way.

Comment

Re: really need help with a piece of hardware that didnt get a driver a bit hard one.

Thanks for the input sorry for delay but just had spine procedure. Yeah the one thing i know i did was the INF update. This was the first build i was using a SSD for boot or a drive at all. During fresh install i did not do the generic install where it makes a separate partition i just did it on one partition and there were a lot of drivers to install (a lot i did not know what were for for a a while) but i went to the site and tried to update everything first then made a "new master disk". I also seen the board read "AA" as an error but dont see that in the manual. I doubt the two issues are related (Also feels like im having GPU issues like when i OC the last GPU same types of crashes on COD and the 2 other issues so i dont have anything fancy setup and another thing that got more complicated is the BIOS compared to a i7 920 and asus p6. The one cool thing is the bios seems the mem exactly as is in XMP mode so i just leave it in that.

Comment

Working...
      X