Z97M OC Formula Esata port question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z97M OC Formula Esata port question

Hi guys first post here, I'm building a new computer upgrading from my old E6600 C2D.

I want to get the Z97M OC Formula but I can't find information if the esata port support port multiplier or not. I need this because I have a 4 drive esata enclosure

thank you!

Re: Z97M OC Formula Esata port question

Your board has SATA support from the Intel Z97 chipset only, including the eSATA port, which does not support port multipliers, sorry to say.

Some ASRock boards have an additional ASMedia 1061 SATA chip, which is then usually used with an eSATA port, if the board has one. The ASMedia chip does support port multipliers according to its specs.

The forum member Britgeezer could confirm this for you, as I know he uses a drive enclosure that needs port multipliers, and I don't. I do know that the Intel SATA chips do not support port multipliers according to their specs.

Comment

Re: Z97M OC Formula Esata port question

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Your board has SATA support from the Intel Z97 chipset only, including the eSATA port, which does not support port multipliers, sorry to say. Some ASRock boards have an additional ASMedia 1061 SATA chip, which is then usually used with an eSATA port, if the board has one. The ASMedia chip does support port multipliers according to its specs. The forum member Britgeezer could confirm this for you, as I know he uses a drive enclosure that needs port multipliers, and I don't. I do know that the Intel SATA chips do not support port multipliers according to their specs.
      Thanks, looks like only the extreme 6 has the asmedia chip and esata port

Comment

Working...
      X