SSD and HDD viwed as periferal device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD and HDD viwed as periferal device

Hallo, I just make a system composed 980DE3/U3S3 R2.0 Motherboard, AMD FX8350 Processor, 8gb DDR3, GT430 Video board, SSD sata3 Kingston 240Gb, sata3 Hdd 1Tb, 750W modular source and a sata DVD writter.
    I connect SSD and HDD on Sata3 ports and DVD writer on sata. I eanble AHCI mode for both sata & sata3 ports.
    I use Windows 8.1 installed on SSD.
    I observed that the system is not as fast as I expected and what is bothering me is the fact that my SSD and HDD apear in my ejectable hardware like any USB portable devices.

Re: SSD and HDD viwed as periferal device

Your board has the SATA "Hot Plugging" feature, which seems to be enabled by default. That allows a HDD or SSD to be removed like a USB drive, ejectable.

In the BIOS, the Storage Configuration screen, each connected drive is listed. If you select a drive, is information and any options displayed? If you see anything that has Hot Plugging in it, you should disable that, and that should stop the drives from being ejectable.

If that does not work, check Device Manager, Disk Drives. In the Policies tab, there may be a setting called "Quick removal" or something similar to that. If that is checked, uncheck it for all the drives.

Comment

Re: SSD and HDD viwed as periferal device

And about your speed, use a disk benchmarking program to measure and compare your drives' speed to identify the real problem.

Comment

Working...
      X