Z97 Exrteme6 front panel audio jack not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z97 Exrteme6 front panel audio jack not working

Recent build with the Asrock Z97 Extreme6, everything works except the front panel audio. HD audio connector from the case (Rosewill Thor V2) is connected to the mobo and latest drivers are installed. From my research it seems that front audio connections that include a mixed HD Audio/AC97 connector cannot detect the front jack and so the solution would be to disable front panel audio detection. I believe this is the source of the problem. The latest drivers for the ALC1150 do not include the option to disable front jack detection (http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...g?t=1262945266 taken from this thread Realtek Front Panel jack not working.. - Sound Cards - Components). Has anyone been able to get around this issue?

Edit: I ended up fixing this by removing the HD Audio connector and then pushing it in _really_ hard. I also had headphones plugged into the front on boot up. The missing disable front jack settings then appeared.

I must say this amped volume level is really disappointing. No way this can drive 600ohm headphones to a reasonable volume.
    Last edited by blackneyed; 12-14-2014, 01:18 PM.

Re: Z97 Exrteme6 front panel audio jack not working

Yes, low impedance headphones are more common today, that related to all the iPod and mobile phone devices and their "ear bud" phones. Low impedance being 32ohms, etc.

OTOH, the specs for the headphone amp on this board is:

You may have done this already, but Windows tends to have multiple volume setting controls, that can be tied together or not, to a master volume control.

Another kinda hidden audio device on this board (I have one) is part of the Intel Z97 chipset. If you install the Intel video driver for the on-CPU video, it will also install the Intel audio driver for the chipset.

Then you'll see an entry in Device Manager, under Sound, video and game controllers, called Intel Display Audio. You can select that in Windows Sound as the default audio device.

Do I know that will drive 600ohm headphones better than the NE5532 chip? No, but just something you could try.

Comment

Working...
    X