Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock Z97 Extreme4 boot issue - freeze on boot when shutdown in Windows 8.1 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z97 Extreme4 boot issue - freeze on boot when shutdown in Windows 8.1 64 bit

Hi,

My system :
    Intel i3-4160
    Asrock Z97 Extreme4
    Pioneer DVD RW SATA
    WD cavier blue 1TB SATA 64mb / 7200
    2 x 4GB GEIL RAM 2666Mhz
    Cooler Master CASE ELITE 334
    Thermal Master PSU 420W
    Windows 8.1 64 bit

Issue description :

When i shut down in windows , on next boot my PC freeze on first screen ( screen with boot options F2/DEL , F8 ....
    Only thing that i can do is to click RESTART button, after that my PC boot normal.
    When i restart from Windows i do not have any problems .

SO on every shutdown from windows my PC freeze on next boot.

Some more people have same or near the same issue :
    [PSA/Request] Possible reoccurring problem with the ASRock Z97 Extreme4. : buildapc

Thank you .

Re: Asrock Z97 Extreme4 boot issue - freeze on boot when shutdown in Windows 8.1 64 bit

Your problem sounds like it is related to the Windows "fast startup" feature.

Fast startup only works from a boot after a shutdown, it is not active on a Windows restart.

You can try disabling it and see if that makes a difference.

From the Windows Power Options screen, select "Choose what the power buttons do". On that screen near the bottom locate the Shutdown settings options, and uncheck Turn on fast startup.

I have never had this problem with Windows 8 or 8.1 on any of my ASRock boards.

Comment

Re: Asrock Z97 Extreme4 boot issue - freeze on boot when shutdown in Windows 8.1 64 bit

Thank you parsec.

This is what i done and that solve my problem.

1. Windows "fast startup" feature disable ( parsec suggestion )
      From the Windows Power Options screen, select "Choose what the power buttons do". On that screen near the bottom locate the Shutdown settings options, and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
      2. Press Del or F2 when booting up to enter BIOS > Advanced > Chipset Configuration > Deep Sleep(change it to enable in S4-S5 or enable in S5)
      Last edited by darkodj; 12-15-2014, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Great, glad that worked for you.

But, did you need to do BOTH things to fix the problem? In other words, just doing your step 1 alone did not solve the problem?

Comment

Sorry mate for late reply.

Both things i done on same restart, but i`m sure that your suggestion fix problem , once more thank you mate.
          1. Windows "fast startup" feature disable ( parsec suggestion )

Comment

No problem, thanks for your reply.

I was just hoping to figure out why the fast start feature is causing that problem for you, but as is usual these things are more complicated and hard to fix.

Comment

Working...
            X