AsRock Z77 Extreme4 + Ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock Z77 Extreme4 + Ram?

Hello, I am getting the Z77 Extrme 4 for christmass, I was looking at your web sight for compatible Ram and I found some but I have a question. I went to this page ASRock > Z77 Extreme4 and it has the memory I want, which is this G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR - Newegg.com but I was wanting to buy a kit of 4 of these all together which is this G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBSR - Newegg.com but i noticed on the Compatible ram link (my first link) that is it not on there, but the other ram is (Second link) but it is the same Ram just one is a kit of two and the other is a kit of four. So should I just buy two kits of two or will the mobo support the kit of four? Even though it is not on the compatible ram page? Hope you understand this English is second language ahhhh. Thank you.

Re: AsRock Z77 Extreme4 + Ram?

I have two of those boards, and the 16GB kit of four DIMMs will work fine in this board. There is really no difference between the two DIMM and four DIMM kit, except the four DIMM kit should have better matched DIMMs than two random, two DIMM kits. ASRock just didn't test or list the 16GB kit, but I know it will work.

Actually, I mixed a G.SKILL Sniper 8GBSR kit with a G.SKILL RipJaws 8GBRL kit, and they worked together in this board. That is UNUSUAL and pure luck, don't expect mixing different models of most memory, it normally will not work.

Comment

Working...
    X