Drivers for ASRock MB,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers for ASRock MB,

Hi, I have this MB. I'm installing Windows 7 . Are there new drivers for this MB to run with Windows 7. The originals won't work. If there are, Where can I find them. Thanks. ASRock > ALiveNF6P-VSTA

Re: Drivers for ASRock MB,

Since Windows 7 is newer than your MB, there is a good chance the drivers are included or are available via Windows update. In device manager, do you see some yellow exclamation marks? This would indicate that there is a driver installation needed.

For the chip set of your MB (GeForce 6150SE / nForce 430) the latest drivers can be found here:
    Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
    Use this selection: Product Type: Legacy / Product Series: nForce 4 Series / Product: nForce 430 / GeForce 6150 / OS: Windows Vista (32 or 64 bit, depending on your Windows 7 version)
    Drivers for Vista usually work with Windows 7 too.

The graphics driver (GeForce6-class) is on the same page. Select: Product Type: GeForce / Product Series: GeForce 6 Series. There is a native Windows 7 driver available.

Sound driver can be found at the Realtek site:
    Realtek
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Originally posted by SandsOfTime View Post
      Since Windows 7 is newer than your MB, there is a good chance the drivers are included or are available via Windows update. In device manager, do you see some yellow exclamation marks? This would indicate that there is a driver installation needed.

For the chip set of your MB (GeForce 6150SE / nForce 430) the latest drivers can be found here:
      Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
      Use this selection: Product Type: Legacy / Product Series: nForce 4 Series / Product: nForce 430 / GeForce 6150 / OS: Windows Vista (32 or 64 bit, depending on your Windows 7 version)
      Drivers for Vista usually work with Windows 7 too.

The graphics driver (GeForce6-class) is on the same page. Select: Product Type: GeForce / Product Series: GeForce 6 Series. There is a native Windows 7 driver available.

Sound driver can be found at the Realtek site:
      Realtek
      Thanks for the reply. The video and sound are now installed. But now I get a software did not install and failed. I get 4 red X beside Standard enhanced pci to usb controller,standard open hcd usb host controller and the 2 usb root hub. The 4 are under the Universal serial bus controller in the device manager. There are no exclamation marks. Windows tries to install the software but then it fails when the system is resarted. I would go to the manufacturer of these items but I can't see a name. If the MB is still available on the ASRock website, Why don't they have a up to date MB drivers disk for windows 7 and higher? Thanks.
      Last edited by MWG; 12-11-2014, 04:29 PM. Reason: More questions

Comment

Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers and using Option 1, change the product type from Geforce to Legacy.

Click on the remaining options and select the categories for your system and then click on the Search button.

Once a product is EOL (End Of Life) manufacturers seldom update the download options for their older products.

It's been a long time, but for my N650SLI-DS4 motherboard, I used to click on an option on the Nvidia page to automatically detect my hardware if I was using my N650 motherboard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nvidia Driver Downloads webpage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	754744
        Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
        P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
        4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
        MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
        Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
        WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
        SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
        Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
        Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
        Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
        MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
        Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
        HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
        CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by MWG View Post
          Thanks for the reply. The video and sound are now installed. But now I get a software did not install and failed. I get 4 red X beside Standard enhanced pci to usb controller,standard open hcd usb host controller and the 2 usb root hub. The 4 are under the Universal serial bus controller in the device manager. There are no exclamation marks. Windows tries to install the software but then it fails when the system is resarted. I would go to the manufacturer of these items but I can't see a name. If the MB is still available on the ASRock website, Why don't they have a up to date MB drivers disk for windows 7 and higher? Thanks.
          ALL of the devices that had software installation failures are built into the NVIDIA chipset (GeForce 6150 and nForce 430). That is obvious because there are no other USB drivers listed in any of the OS download lists, and your board does not have any AMD chipsets on it.

ASRock or any other mother board manufacture does not write or provide the chipset drivers for any board. The extent of their software is any utility programs they supply, which have any drivers built into the installer. All chipset drivers, whether AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA are supplied by those manufactures.

ASRock does not have an updated driver for your board because they likely know the "latest" drivers from NVIDIA are dated 2011 (the same one you tried), and they know it only works with the video chip part of your board.

The NVIDIA all in one driver package that SandsOfTime located at NVIDIA's download site (as well as Prof. Jim) is listed by NVIDIA to work with Windows 7. If it fails to install the USB 2.0 drivers, and the standard Windows 7 drivers won't install, that is something best dealt with by NVIDIA.

The sad reality is, NVIDIA's mother board chipset business is a perfect example of the term epic fail. NVIDIA completely gave up on their chipsets about four years ago, and continued support for them is questionable at best. They no longer manufacture them, they were full of bugs, and are basically obsolete now.

Have you tried manual driver updates for those device with the Device Manager Properties Driver tab? Either letting Windows search for drivers or providing a list of drivers built into Windows.

Comment

Hi, Yes I did do a driver update in the device manager. Windows started the upgrade but got so far then it fails, If I buy a separate pci video card will that software have what I need for those 4 items?

Comment

Originally posted by MWG View Post
              Hi, Yes I did do a driver update in the device manager. Windows started the upgrade but got so far then it fails, If I buy a separate pci video card will that software have what I need for those 4 items?
              No it won't. The problems are with the driver for the USB controller on the NVIDIA chipset when used with Windows 7.

A new video card will simply have a driver for the video card and nothing else. Your board is somewhat unusual in that the on board video chip driver is one driver in a multiple driver installation package, which is why it is called "all in one". All of the devices you see in Device Manager have drivers either from the NVIDIA all in one installer, a Windows generic driver, or a driver you installed separately for some hardware you added, like a sound card or video card.

The NVIDIA driver for your board you tried from NVIDIA should be like the NVIDIA all in 1 driver ver:1111 that is shown in the Windows XP download list for your board. It is to a degree since the only device that is having problems is the USB 2.0 support on the chipset. But apparently that driver from NVIDIA does not have a Windows 7 compatible driver for the USB support on the NVIDIA chipset.

If you just got a video card and installed its driver and nothing else, you would be worse off than you are now. All of the other NVIDIA drivers from the all in one driver package would be missing, since it is not the purpose or responsibility of a video card's driver to install any of the other drivers a board needs.

I see another clue about that if you check the download list for each OS on your board's download page. The XP download list includes the NVIDIA all in 1 driver ver:1111 installation program. If you then check the Vista download list, that installation program is not listed. Apparently the generic Vista drivers could work with the NVIDIA chipset components on your board. But once you tried Windows 7, its driver updates left behind most if not all of the NVIDIA chipsets for various technical reasons. That is common for any major new OS version, there is some hardware that is not supported in Windows 8 anymore, and other manufactures Windows 8 drivers for their products don't support their older hardware.

Fortunately the driver installer you tried from NVIDIA worked for most things in Windows 7, except the USB support. If Windows 7 cannot find a driver for the NVIDIA USB support, see what NVIDIA has to say about that, their support is usually very good. You could also try a separate USB card with your board, which would be much cheaper than any video card would be.

The reality is you need to move on from that board. It will only get worse as time goes by. If you tried to use a SSD with that board, or any SATA III drive, you would be very disappointed in the result.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Its up and running perfectly. I downloaded another Nvidia software for the video and with Microsoft updates for that video I got all the updates I needed. It fixed the Universal Serial Bus Controller.So now I have no windows popping up telling me I have problems. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X