Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incompatible audio signal has been received...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompatible audio signal has been received...

New install of system in signature below.
    Connected to a monitor (TV) via HDMI
    At bootup, getting message "Incompatible audio signal has been received. Check output device settings."
    Have no audio/video devices connected other than the HDMI cable to the TV.
    Getting audio without issues from the TV over the HDMI cable... i.e. no noticeable audio issues.
    No indication in Device Manager that there is any problems with the audio hardware.

What does this message mean? How do I fix it?

Re: Incompatible audio signal has been received...

Originally posted by GizmoGuy View Post
    New install of system in signature below.
    Connected to a monitor (TV) via HDMI
    At bootup, getting message "Incompatible audio signal has been received. Check output device settings."
    Have no audio/video devices connected other than the HDMI cable to the TV.
    Getting audio without issues from the TV over the HDMI cable... i.e. no noticeable audio issues.
    No indication in Device Manager that there is any problems with the audio hardware.

What does this message mean? How do I fix it?
    Interesting situation. Sharp Aquos TVs use Linux as its OS.

Does the message seem to be sourced from the PC or the TV?

If the message is from the PC, and your HDMI cable has the audio return capability, and the TV supports that feature on the HDMI input...

Then it might be whatever signal is coming from the audio return connection is seen as incompatible.

When you say you get audio without issues from the TV, does that mean an audio signal from the TV, or just the audio over the TV's speakers from the PC?

Or is the message generated by the TV?

Using the Intel graphics driver? What is the audio source in the PC, the Realtek chip or the Intel audio from the chipset and audio driver included with the Intel graphics driver?

Too many unknowns to provide an answer.

Comment

Re: Incompatible audio signal has been received...

Great questions!
      I meant that the audio from the PC is properly coming from the TV speakers.

I assume the audio is coming from the Intel graphics (HD Graphics 4600) since it is coming from the HDMI port... assume the Realtek audio comes only from the audio ports (?).

It hadn't occurred to me that the message may be coming from the TV... now that you mention that, I suspect that IS what is happening because the message display is the type of transparent message box that looks more like a TV presentation than a PC message box.

I suspect it is just a boot-up HDMI sync issue that the TV is having with the PC startup that is quickly resolved (properly sync'd) as the audio emits properly.

Easily checked by trying a different TV to see if the message disappears or has a different appearance.

Comment

Working...
      X