Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instantboot not going to sleep

Hello,

I've been disabling some startup services and processes lately, since I don't like when too many apps feel like they are entitled to be always on (chiefly updaters and whatever), and now my InstantBoot doesn't work

The window shows up, but it doesn't go into sleep. Which sucks, because now I can't turn my computer off (well I can, but by disabling InstantBoot, which is not what I want).

How do I know what to re-enable to get InstantBoot running? Or can I somehow tell it "this is the state when you turn the PC off"?

(note, this has been working perfectly for over a year and I haven't made any changes in BIOS or drivers)

Re: Instantboot not going to sleep

You said you think Instant Boot stopped working when you were disabling startup services and processes, but then said you have made no changes in the BIOS or drivers, and Instant Boot was working fine for over a year. The second part implies it stopped working for no reason, yet you gave a reason why it stopped working. I don't understand your point...

What were you using to disable startup services? When you said disable, do you mean disable, or did you delete the entries? Normally you could do either one.

If you just disabled the entries, you can just enable them again one at a time until Instant Boot works again. Some programs that let you configure startup entries will show who provided the software, like Intel or ASRock. Looking for the ASRock entries should make the search easier.

Uninstalling the Instant Boot software and then installing it again should put a new entry for Instant Boot in the startup list, so it should work again. Be sure to reboot the PC after uninstalling the software.

Comment

Re: Instantboot not going to sleep

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      You said you think Instant Boot stopped working when you were disabling startup services and processes, but then said you have made no changes in the BIOS or drivers, and Instant Boot was working fine for over a year. The second part implies it stopped working for no reason, yet you gave a reason why it stopped working. I don't understand your point...
      Second part is supposed to imply that I didn't update my BIOS so that is NOT the reason it stopped working.
      I was looking to see a bit more into Instant Boot to see if any specific service or process not being present can make it not work.

What were you using to disable startup services? When you said disable, do you mean disable, or did you delete the entries? Normally you could do either one.
      MS own System Configuration tool.

If you just disabled the entries, you can just enable them again one at a time until Instant Boot works again. Some programs that let you configure startup entries will show who provided the software, like Intel or ASRock. Looking for the ASRock entries should make the search easier.

Uninstalling the Instant Boot software and then installing it again should put a new entry for Instant Boot in the startup list, so it should work again. Be sure to reboot the PC after uninstalling the software.
      Instant boot was not one of the disabled ones, nor was any ASRock or Intel provided.

As it is, the point is moot anyway, since it turns out it's not Instant Boot that will not initialize Sleep mode... the whole system refuses to go to sleep, whichever method used.

Comment

Working...
      X