Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X99 OC Formuula

Hello,

I just bought X99 OC Formula and installed all my components together. But I'm having trouble with my PC2800 G Skill memory. XMP profile would make my computer freeze, 2666 as an OC profile, would make games stutter. 2133 MHz is the only setting that my PC can run on with no issues.

Any ideas what do I need to do to run my memory at 2800 MHz?

Thanks,

Re: X99 OC Formuula

I haven't done this myself, but whenever I read about overclocking Haswell-E, I see mention of bumping System Agent Voltage and possibly some other voltages which might not get bumped automatically when selecting your XMP setting.

Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Edition S-spec QFRA CPU Overclocking Guide - Preparing to Overclock Haswell-E: Voltages

Good luck, man. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

This guy covers memory overclocking. The whole guide is pretty good.

ASRock X99 OC Formula Motherboard Overview and Overclocking Guide

Comment

Misery loves company. I have Extreme4 version of the board and 32GB kit of G.SKILL 2400 DDR-4 (CAS 15). Same problem. XMP won't post. Following mentioned two guides I was able to reach 2200MHz, but that's it. Eventually I RMAed memory and now waiting for replacement.

Comment

Hi,

you can check this thread.

Same Problem....
          No solution yet :-(

Comment

Doesn't choosing a memory speed via XMP above 2133 on X99 boards cause a BCLK "strap" of 125MHz to be used?

I've read that is possible if not normal for X99 boards. If that happens and the CPU is using the same 125MHz BCLK setting, a core multiplier of 35 results in an OC to 4.375GHz. A core multiplier of 37 results in 4.625GHz, and a multiplier of 40 gives 5.0GHz, which are likely to BSOD.

Even if that is false, for a test enable the XMP setting in the UEFI/BIOS, then save and exit but immediately press F1/Del to get back into the UEFI and check what you now have for the CPU speed in the AI Tweaker screen or HW Monitor screen. There might be other options in AI Tweaker that are changed and need to be fixed.

If the XMP profile sets the main latency settings in the DRAM configuration screen, try setting them to Auto by entering the BIOS by the same method I described above. They may need to be very loose in order to boot.

Given how new the X99 platform is, personally I would only use memory listed in the board's compatibility list. I also doubt if all the bugs have been worked out of the X99 UEIF/BIOS settings, including CPU microcode fixes that only Intel can provide. X99 memory issues happen with all manufactures boards.

Comment

Working...
            X