Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z97 Pro4 don't recognize HDD

Hi
    I bought a couple of days ago a new PC with AsRock Z97 Pro4 Motherboard. The PC has a SSD drive with Windows 8.1 installed. Everythings work fine.
    Then I take my old HDD (SATA2 Hard disk 7200 rpm, not SSD) that are working on my old windows Vista PC. So they are already NTFS.
    Well, I connected those HDD to SATA connector and to power supply: if I enter in the BIOS I can see the HDD with their part number, each associated to a SATA port. When I enter in Windows 8.1, I can't see the HDD. Both in Disk Management and in Device Manager the HDD there aren't. It is not a problem of "formatting" because I can't see the HDD and I can't format them....
    What can I do to resolve this problem? As already wrote, the PC is new, the SSD disk is working fine, everything is ok, I have only the problem that the classic HDD are shown inn Bios but not in windows.
    thanks in advance
    bye

Re: ASRock Z97 Pro4 don't recognize HDD

I've noticed that sometimes when a new drive (new to the PC, the first time it is connected) is connected to a PC with Windows 8, it will not recognize the drive the first time you boot the PC after the drive is connected.

If you haven't done this, try restarting/rebooting the PC, that HDD might be recognized after doing that.

If that HDD is still not seen by Windows 8, shutdown the PC and do a CMOS/BIOS reset. Then start the PC, fix any BIOS options you need (save your settings in a profile in the BIOS first so it is easy to restore your options) and your HDD will probably be recognized.

Comment

thanks for your answer. I reboot several times the PC.... so I'll try to do a CMOS/BIOS reset. Well, I have to make a save of the config of the actual bios settings and then I have work with some "jumper" to reset... correct?

Comment

I solved the issue..... I re-install totally windows 8 (since it is a new PC, no need to backup anything) with already all the HDs connected. Now Windows 8 recognize both SSD and HDD.
        thanks to everybody

Comment

Working...
        X