X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H97M-ITX/ac no Post

BIOS sticker says v1.10

Intel i5-4690K
    RAM is GSkill F3-1600C7D-16GTX (1 stick at the moment)
    Power is SeaSonic 520W

Everything else is currently disconnected (HDD, CDROM)

All fans turn on, no post on screen. Tried clearing BIOS to no affect. Doesn't appear to even be a speaker on this model (!) so not alot to go on. Is any troubleshooting possible?

Re: H97M-ITX/ac no Post

No one puts a speaker on mother boards anymore, those are normally supplied with a PC case currently. Getting or borrowing one from another PC might give you a clue about the problem.

Your memory should be compatible with your board/CPU, what slot are you using? Try B1 if you are using A1.

Using the on-CPU video, correct? You're getting nothing at all on the monitor, correct?

Is the four pin ATX 12V CPU power cable from the PSU connected to the board? The CPU won't operate without it.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      No one puts a speaker on mother boards anymore, those are normally supplied with a PC case currently. Getting or borrowing one from another PC might give you a clue about the problem.

Your memory should be compatible with your board/CPU, what slot are you using? Try B1 if you are using A1.

Using the on-CPU video, correct? You're getting nothing at all on the monitor, correct?

Is the four pin ATX 12V CPU power cable from the PSU connected to the board? The CPU won't operate without it.
      I tried another RAM stick from a working computer which is also on the compatible list with no change (in either DIMM).

By no speaker I mean there's no interface on the board to plug in a speaker of any kind, so it's impossible to get a beep code.

Tried DVI and VGA, no output. Even tried throwing in a PCIe card to make sure the onboard video wasn't just shot. No output.

12V is connected, the CPU fans wouldn't spin either without it plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by darkmagex View Post
        I tried another RAM stick from a working computer which is also on the compatible list with no change (in either DIMM).

By no speaker I mean there's no interface on the board to plug in a speaker of any kind, so it's impossible to get a beep code.

Tried DVI and VGA, no output. Even tried throwing in a PCIe card to make sure the onboard video wasn't just shot. No output.

12V is connected, the CPU fans wouldn't spin either without it plugged in.
        new here, i am facing the exact same issue but did not appear suddenly, system was slowly degrading from random freezes to more frequent blue screens, nothing could explain it. SPECS:

intel i5-4460 latest bios for win 10 fix 1.80P
        running onboard graphics
        2x4GB crucial ballistix 1866 on JEDEC 1333 9-9-9-24-2n
        Corsair CX430M PSU
        ssd AHCI SAMSUNG 840EVO

lately bios would freeze after clear CMOS. in menus for a few seconds then bios would freeze. PSU tested ok, RAM tested ok and swapped (tested on other units, use A1 B1 all combinations, other ram tested no fix), currently testing CPU on other build looks ok so far. disconnected all peripherals and ssd, no change. this board wont post.

i'm pretty sure board has a major flaw that cant be traced properly. final test is use all components to different board and RMA this one. will have an update this week.

ASROCK support:
        Thank you for contacting ASRock.
        There are some suggestion for you to check your system.
        1. Please re-install the CPU and check if the CPU socket pin bent.
        2. If possible, please try another CPU to verify.
        If the symptom is still the same, please contact with local distributor for further help.

Comment

well the problem is obviously on the board itself. since switching to Gigabyte h97 itx i havent had any issues, no lockups, no freezes, stress tests, sleep/wake, all function perfectly. all parts used on the asrock now operate on gig.

the strangest troubleshoot i ever came across. board was clearly degrading over time. new board. first i was able to install windows 8.1 all drivers function great. then windows 10 and additional drivers. bios upgrade. then after a few days i would get a hang, pc couldnt recover, hard reset, ok for a few hours then blue screen (sometimes auto recover, no hard reset), other times it could hang again, then sometimes pc wouldnt post unless i removed 2nd stick. then it would pass all stress tests for hours and hang when idling for a few minutes. then bios would freeze after a few seconds in menus. clr cmos. that was the last monitored status of the board. after that it refused to post like i mentioned in previous post.

i dont think i can help further.

i hope someone finds the real culprit of this board because the features it has are great. boots in under 3 secs with 840 evo and runs programs ultra fast on the 4460. silent but productive. add an evga gtx960 4gb itx form and you have the coolest looking mini gaming rig on a Raijintec METIS :)

Comment

Working...
          X