No announcement yet.

890FX Deluxe 3 w/ FX-8370E - Confirmed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 890FX Deluxe 3 w/ FX-8370E - Confirmed!

I've had my deluxe 3 for a while and just wanted to upgrade the CPU without overhauling the PC. Read a lot of posts on here about whether ASRock supports the Vishera processors or not, with one post quoting an ASRock support person indicating success with FX-8350.

I can confirm a successful install of the AMD FX-8370E (95W version of the FX-8370) in my 890FX Deluxe 3 with the L3.03 beta bios.
    BTW - this cpu is/was on sale on Amazon for $159.99.

Re: 890FX Deluxe 3 w/ FX-8370E - Confirmed!

Good information, thanks for posting it with the needed details about using the beta BIOS version.

There is an irony in your post that you may not be aware of. Many ASRock boards that are "compatible" with AM3+ processors from the start, are no where near as capable as your board is in supplying power to a processor. Yet those boards initially included '8320's and '8350's in the CPU compatibility list.

They were removed for obvious reasons, a three or four phase CPU VRM stage without a heatsink cannot provide those processors with the power they need at stock clocks. Some people assume they can OC those processors on those boards. Actually they can be OC'd in the BIOS of those boards, but the board won't survive long.

Meanwhile, you took the smart route in using the E version processor, even though your board could handle more power hungry processors.

For that, I salute you!

Comment

Re: 890FX Deluxe 3 w/ FX-8370E - Confirmed!

I wanted to upgrade my mobo for months and this site/forum was the only place I found ANY useful information for making an informed decision. Even seeing posts about ASRock support stating the 8350 works on the deluxe 3 with the beta bios, I found concern with follow-up posts where other mobo's with same chipset were also suppose to work but proved to be unstable.

With TDP of the cpu seeming to be the major factor in compatibility/stability issues, I went with the 95W version, and wanted to upgrade as much as possible to put off future upgrades for at least 2 years (hoping).

In the end, this post is a thanks to the community I found here that helped me, and hopefully others in a situation like me, make the best decision possible.

Comment

Working...
      X