ASROCK Extreme 4 SLI Bridge No Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK Extreme 4 SLI Bridge No Driver

Hi all, I bought two MSI GTX 970s for SLI. I ran few 3Dmark tests and the cards seemed to be working well. The only thing worries me a little is, the SLI bridge doesn't have driver. The device has an yellow triangle/exclamation mark next to its name (PCI communication device or something like this) in Device Manager. I tried to re-install the ASrock drivers but it didn't fix the problem. Do you guys know where I can download the driver for this device or how I can get rid of the mark?

By the way, when I play World of Warcraft I noticed that sometimes FPS was only around 50 and never reached 100+, pretty bad performance for even one GTX 970. Does it have anything to do with SLI bridge?

Thank you very much!

Re: ASROCK Extreme 4 SLI Bridge No Driver

Originally posted by tengke131 View Post
    The device has an yellow triangle/exclamation mark next to its name (PCI communication device or something like this) in Device Manager.
    Sounds like you don't have the Intel Management Engine driver installed?
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

That Device Manager entry is not about the SLI bridge, it doesn't have a driver of its own.

SandsOfTime is right, that Device Manager entry is normally caused by the Intel IME software not being installed, or that fails to install. That can happen on new ASRock boards with Windows 7. There is a Windows update Hotfix for this issue.

There are at least six ASRock "Extreme 4" boards that this could apply to, and we don't know if you are using Windows 7, so...

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        That Device Manager entry is not about the SLI bridge, it doesn't have a driver of its own.

SandsOfTime is right, that Device Manager entry is normally caused by the Intel IME software not being installed, or that fails to install. That can happen on new ASRock boards with Windows 7. There is a Windows update Hotfix for this issue.

There are at least six ASRock "Extreme 4" boards that this could apply to, and we don't know if you are using Windows 7, so...
        Thank you. I will try to download that hotfix and reinstall. I have ASrock X99 Extreme 4.

Comment

Fixed! It was ME driver. I downloaded and re-installed and no more issue! Thank you all for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X