Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z97 Extreme6 dropout issue

Hey all,
    I've got this issue with my Z97 Extreme6, I hear pops and clicks constantly, precisely they're dropouts, in random interval but I'd say every 5 to 10 seconds on average, lasting for about 1 to 3 seconds, regardless if the PC is playing any music or not.
    The problem exists since I upgraded the PC with following components: Z97 Extreme6, Xeon E3-1231v3, 2x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-1600 DIMM CL7-8-8-24 and Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.B cooler. Previous build was Abit mobo with Q6600 with no issues whatsoever. AV receiver is plugged into mobo S/PDIF output and that's my only option for playback. I'll borrow headphones tomorrow to see if the issue persist on analog outputs too. I searched the internet for same or similar issue and only found one guy on some german forum with the same problem and without a solution - he even got his mobo exchanged - with no luck.

I installed all the official drivers, reinstalled Windows again and noticed that the problem exists even before I manually install any driver, I disabled all the devices I could in Device manager, ran two different latency checkers - they don't really notice anything unordinary or I can't read them well, I checked the cables (optical cable was working on the same day I installed new components flawlessly). I checked also different BIOS settings, for instance with HPET disabled, ...
    Here's a sample I recorded - the sound is just awful! In reality the sound without the dropouts would be really good:

share files free

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Re: Z97 Extreme6 dropout issue

Hey there. I've just built a system with the Z97 Extreme6 and I'm having exactly the same problems.
    Dropouts every few seconds from the optical out. Happens whether I use default windows drivers, ASRock's supplied Realtek driver, or Realtek's latest driver.

Sucks. Did you find a solution? I'm looking...

Comment

That a pretty big system change.
      Can we assume you did a clean system install and which OS are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by brooksoid View Post
        Hey there. I've just built a system with the Z97 Extreme6 and I'm having exactly the same problems.
        Dropouts every few seconds from the optical out. Happens whether I use default windows drivers, ASRock's supplied Realtek driver, or Realtek's latest driver.

Sucks. Did you find a solution? I'm looking...
        Same question, clean install or upgrade and from to which OS?

No problems on my Extreme6.

Comment

Originally posted by Britgeezer View Post
          Same question, clean install or upgrade and from to which OS?

No problems on my Extreme6.
          Hi all,

In my case - it's a new build.

Z97 Extreme6, BeQuiet 500W PSU, Hyper 212 Evo cooler, 8Gb Crucial Vengeance memory, Corei5/4690K CPU (running at stock speeds at the moment), 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, TPLINK TL-WDN4800 wireless networking, MSI GTX970 graphics.

Everything AOK apart from the optical digital out :-(

Comment

Working...
          X