Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATA Power connectors on Q1900DC-ITX

Hi,
    I would like to buy ASRock Q1900DC-ITX and use it for a HTPC that should simultaneously serve as a NAS (I plan to use 4 HDDs), but I'm confused by the product specifications [1].

The board has declared four SATA connectors:
    - 2 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s Connectors, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
    - 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug

but only two power connectors:
    - 2 x SATA Power Connectors

and also only two power cables:
    - 2 x SATA Power Cables

Does it means that I would be able to connect and power only two SATA devices by the motherboard itself and two other SATA devices would have to be powered by external power supply or what?

I wasn't able to find any picture or specification how the declared SATA Power Cable looks like, so I have no idea how many SATA power connectors the cable contains. Maybe the Power Cable servers also like a splitter and one is able to power two SATA devices at once, but I don't want to risk and buy "pig in a poke".

Could anybody help me and make it clear?

Thanks and regards

[1] ASRock > Q1900DC-ITX

Re: SATA Power connectors on Q1900DC-ITX

The SATA power connectors on this board look identical to an optional header on my Z97 Extreme 6 board that can supply power to two SATA drives. The cable provided with that board has two plugs on it.

I assume your board would be supplied with two of those two connector cables, but even the manual does not specify or have a picture of the cables. Given the only power source for the four SATA data headers on your board is the board itself, the cables must be the two connector type.

Comment

Re: SATA Power connectors on Q1900DC-ITX

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X