Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revodrive 350 and asrock a88x extreme6+

Hi,

So I got this new PCIE SSD 240Gb, I tried this on my new motherboard, Asrock A88x extreme6+
    and motherboard dont see this PCIE SSD card...

I put this card in another motherboard, and it does seen it.

Even though, I tried installing windows 8, and it says no hard drive.. so I used "load driver", and no drivers can find the PCIE SSD card.

Not sure what I need to do to make it work on this motherboard, a88x e6+

thanks

Re: revodrive 350 and asrock a88x extreme6+

Most if not all of the RevoDrives are not plug and play devices, they must have their special driver supplied by OCZ loaded before they will function. Windows does not have the main driver needed by any RevoDrive included among its drivers.

Your '350's driver is included in the disk supplied with the drive, or it can be downloaded from OCZ: Download OCZ Drivers

You'll need to read the user guide for the '350 to get it working correctly, here: http://ocz.com/consumer/download/gui...e350_guide.pdf

Page 3 of this guide describes the procedure for loading the '350's driver during an OS installation, and is required to get it working.

You will need to do a Custom Windows installation. The easiest way to load the driver is to copy it to a USB flash drive as described in the user guide, and have the flash drive plugged into a USB 2.0 port on the board's IO panel. This procedure is required if you want to use the '350 as the OS drive.

Your '350 was not recognized on your new board because there is no OS installed and the '350's driver was not installed.

The '350 was recognized on the other PC because it is an existing system with a working OS installation, but would still need its driver installed before it would work correctly.

Comment

How strange, yet this pcie ssd is boot enabled and should appear in the "boot devices" which does on another motherboard (even though its HP priority); but that seen it straight away when turn it on.
      On the Asrock extreme6+ I went to the System Browser, and it states nothing is plugged into the PCIE lane.

But back to the HP, there are NO OS installed, and no drivers for this ssd, so I installed windows 7 and windows 8, and load driver, and installed the driver for this ssd.

Back on my asrock motherboard, I did that same, and it says..... nevermind.

I tried another PCIE lane, and BIOS found it! so the 2nd lane doesnt work. :(
      So its working on 3rd lane.

So yeah, it does boot (plug and play), and BIOS will see it =)

grrr, why didnt I test another pcie lane =( oh well.
      but NOW, why pcie 2nd lane not working.....

thanks though

Comment

Well, you better contact OCZ and tell them they need to rewrite the manual for the RevoDrive 350, since it is apparently all wrong.

Comment

Nothing wrong with OCZ instructions, It appears I didnt understand how PCIE lanes work.
          Asrock manual says

"PCIE Slots:
          PCIE1 / PCIE3 (PCIe 2.0 x1 slot) is used for PCI Express cards with x1 lane width cards.
          PCIE2 / PCIE4 (PCIe 3.0 x16 slot) is used for PCI Express x16 lane width graphics cards.
          PCIE5 (PCIe 2.0 x16 slot) is used for PCI Express x4 lane width cards."

My setup is graphics in pcie2 (rather than pcie1)
          had ocz in drive pcie4 (when I said pcie2)
          but instructions say x4 only works in pcie5 (where I said pcie3)

Strange I found strange because I though you can plug anything into the x16 lanes, rather its 1x or 4x... but it appears that asrock had disabled this and only made pcie5 for x4...

Anyway =)

RTFM! (to myself)
          Thanks

p.s wonders why the random question has the same question every single time.....

Comment

Working...
          X