Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatal1ty mouse port not working, update or workaround?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal1ty mouse port not working, update or workaround?

Hi, I have a P67 Fatal1ty Professional on the latest BIOS, 3.10. I want to use my Intellimouse 3.0 again and want 500Hz so I figured I'd use the fatal1ty mouse port since I'm running Windows 8.1 and that's the only way to do it. However, whenever I attempt to change the polling rate in the F-Stream Utility, it simply stays at 125Hz. Doing a bit of research, it seems some windows updates earlier this year basically broke the program and ASRock fixed it for the latest and greatest boards. I tried uninstalling the updates someone said broke it, but it still doesn't work. Would ASRock be willing to provide an update that restores functionality for older boards like mine, or does someone know of a workaround that currently works?

EDIT: Well, did some experimenting based on my research and actually found a fix. Turns out the method outlined in the first post of this topic will work even for P67 if you use v2.0.188 from the Z87 Fatal1ty download section (instead of 2.0.48 as he mentions).

PSA for Windows 8.1 Asrock z77/(maybe z68) fatal1ty mouse port polling rate force

Of course, I still think it'd be beneficial if ASRock were to roll out updates for older boards, but I guess this topic can exist to help anyone else who may need it. At least until MS pushes out yet another update that breaks it, anyway.
    Last edited by a_ak57; 11-07-2014, 10:08 AM.

Re: Fatal1ty mouse port not working, update or workaround? EDIT: Found a fix

Originally posted by a_ak57 View Post
    Hi, I have a P67 Fatal1ty Professional on the latest BIOS, 3.10. I want to use my Intellimouse 3.0 again and want 500Hz so I figured I'd use the fatal1ty mouse port since I'm running Windows 8.1 and that's the only way to do it. However, whenever I attempt to change the polling rate in the F-Stream Utility, it simply stays at 125Hz. Doing a bit of research, it seems some windows updates earlier this year basically broke the program and ASRock fixed it for the latest and greatest boards. I tried uninstalling the updates someone said broke it, but it still doesn't work. Would ASRock be willing to provide an update that restores functionality for older boards like mine, or does someone know of a workaround that currently works?

EDIT: Well, did some experimenting based on my research and actually found a fix. Turns out the method outlined in the first post of this topic will work even for P67 if you use v2.0.188 from the Z87 Fatal1ty download section (instead of 2.0.48 as he mentions).

PSA for Windows 8.1 Asrock z77/(maybe z68) fatal1ty mouse port polling rate force

Of course, I still think it'd be beneficial if ASRock were to roll out updates for older boards, but I guess this topic can exist to help anyone else who may need it. At least until MS pushes out yet another update that breaks it, anyway.
    Hi, This version is recent (05-11-2014) ftp://europe.asrock.com/utility/F-St...1.73.56%29.zip
    The F-Stream 2.0.x.x are only for recent motherboards...

EDIT: Update the bios: http://www.mdclab.it/BIOS-I/FP P67.zip
    Last edited by asrlab; 11-10-2014, 05:36 PM.
    www.mdclab.it

Comment

Working...
    X