Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound blaster z issues with asrock x99x fatality and SLI

Hello everyone

New here i got a question. im having issues with creative sound blaster z card plugged into PCIx1 or pci number 2. Had on number 4 worked fine. I decided to run SLI boy that was a tight fit putting sound card in-between those two cards. anyways i fired the system up. First didn't recognize sound card at all. Uninstalled creative drivers. reloaded all them got it working. Only issue im getting now is at 10% volume before speakers seem to perfect loud and crisp. Now at 50% volume dont seem to have the same clarity. Im not sure what went wrong. Im sure if i disable sli return to previous config everything will return to normal. trying to avoid. any help other than uninstalling card and use CC cleaner to clean up drivers would be most appreciated. When home prob pull out sli reseat card and try again. THANKs TT forum

Re: Sound blaster z issues with asrock x99x fatality and SLI

Issues with sound cards seem to be common with the X99 platform, I've seen posts about that with Asus and Gigabyte X99 boards. Usually the cards don't even start, and the weird trick is to go into Sleep mode and wake again, and the card is detected.

In your case with the 5820K, the number of PCIe 3.0 lanes are limited. But your sound card is likely a PCIe 2.0 card. Depending upon which slot you are using, you'll be using either the PCIe 3.0 or 2.0 lanes. Your sound card is a PCIe 2.0 x1 interface, correct?

Reseat the sound card, and check all your audio cables for good contact, and check the audio configuration software settings.

Comment

Re: Sound blaster z issues with asrock x99x fatality and SLI

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Issues with sound cards seem to be common with the X99 platform, I've seen posts about that with Asus and Gigabyte X99 boards. Usually the cards don't even start, and the weird trick is to go into Sleep mode and wake again, and the card is detected.

In your case with the 5820K, the number of PCIe 3.0 lanes are limited. But your sound card is likely a PCIe 2.0 card. Depending upon which slot you are using, you'll be using either the PCIe 3.0 or 2.0 lanes. Your sound card is a PCIe 2.0 x1 interface, correct?

Reseat the sound card, and check all your audio cables for good contact, and check the audio configuration software settings.
      Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe 116dB SNR Gaming Sound Card with 600ohm Headphone Amp and Beamforming Microphone - Newegg.com

This is my sound card. I'm not sure what spec pci x 1 is. I think gen 1. slot 1 and 3 are pci x16 gen3's since i only have 28 with that proc, i believe slot 3 is downed to x8 so im running x16 x1 x8 rest are empty. thanks appreciate the response

Comment

Working...
      X