Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140W-processor not listed in CPU-supportlist-Asrock alive-dual-esata2

Here are the two processors involved:
    EXTREME Overclocking - AMD Phenom II X4 965 - 125W TDP Processor Review - Page: 1 - Tweaking PC Hardware To The Max

• 125W = HDZ965FBK4DGM
    • 140W = HDZ965FBK4DGI

I can get the 140 W. Can i use it in Asrock alive-dual-easata2?
    125w is the one ontop of the list here:
    ASRock > ALiveDual-eSATA2
    what does (BE) mean at the end.
    .........DGM(BE)

would i need a super-cooler for these 140w but the higher voltage would not speed it up? thanks

Re: 140W-processor not listed in CPU-supportlist-Asrock alive-dual-esata2

I imagine the HDZ965FBK4DGI 140W TDP version will start up and the PC will boot, but the problem is the board itself is not up to providing power to even the 125W version, on a long term basis.

Maybe a 4 + 1 CPU VRM design, with no heat sink on the VRM transistors. Running even the 125W processor at stock clocks would require all the CPU power saving options to be enabled to keep the VRM from over heating.

Of course, any kind of over clocking is out of the question for this board and those CPUs.

Yes, you'll need a good CPU cooler for the 140W model, as well as extra cooling for the PC case to keep the mother board cool.

BE just means the model sold at retail, at a store in a box. The M and I mean OEM or tray version (not in a retail box.)

Comment

Re: 140W-processor not listed in CPU-supportlist-Asrock alive-dual-esata2

I have the MOBO fully open. Is sitting on 3cm legs. could drill hole into the woodden base. on my ga-7n400 pro 2 i had direct access(fan-air-flow) from the buttom.
      But i will get a slower cpu.945 3000MHz would do.
      I have seen impressively large coolers for these 900 cpus,.. one which had airflow to the side. my actual one is also large but not as large what i have seen.

Comment

Working...
      X