• Show
Clear All

• Display driver slows my network.

Brand new build:
    Mobo: Asrock Fatality H97 performance
    cpu: Intel i5 4590
    HD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb
    Ram: Patriot Viper Low profile blue 2x4gb
    Monitor: Dell E198wfp (connected hdmi to dvi converter)
    I posted in a few other forums because I thought my video card was the culprit. I am just trying to get this build working first. What is happening is when I enable the display adapter, I get a very slow network. I can tell because my music player will suddenly stop and gets a message: "slow network, buffering". The second I either disable the display adapter or turn of the computer everything is back to normal. I emailed asrock support and RMA'd the board. I just got it back today and am having the same exact problem. I have so far done 2 clean installs but no luck. Any suggestions?

Update: Here is what I have found so far, maybe the HDMI is having an issue. I didn't have a dvi cord for the monitor but I had an HDMI cord and an HDMI to DVI adapter so maybe that is causing an issue? Anyhow, the weird thing is that my network slows not when I enable or disable the adapter, but when I change the resolution. The second I change it to a higher resolution, my network totally slows, when I change it back, speeds get back to normal.
    Last edited by bort323; 10-27-2014, 07:51 PM. Reason: Updated status

Re: Display driver slows my network.

Missing information that might help, such as:

Network connection/type? Wired to the Intel LAN on your board? Wireless card/adapter?

If wired to the Intel LAN, what network driver are you using?

Your music player is? Its media source is apparently through your network connection?

You lost me on enabling and disabling the "display adapter", what is that? A video card or the HDMI to DVI adapter somehow? Do you mean using the video card instead of the onboard video?

What do you use for the audio processing, the board's Realtek chip, the Intel audio capability, or the audio support from the video card?

By changing resolution, you mean the resolution of the video display that you might change for a game? That is done with the video card's software or what?

Comment

Missing information that might help, such as:

Network connection/type? Wired to the Intel LAN on your board? Wireless card/adapter?

Wired into intel Lan

If wired to the Intel LAN, what network driver are you using?

intel 12.11.77.0
      Your music player is? Its media source is apparently through your network connection?

Streaming Pandora through my Ipod

You lost me on enabling and disabling the "display adapter", what is that? A video card or the HDMI to DVI adapter somehow? Do you mean using the video card instead of the onboard video?

No Video card installed yet, just using the default onboard video.

What do you use for the audio processing, the board's Realtek chip, the Intel audio capability, or the audio support from the video card?

Using the default High Definition Audio

By changing resolution, you mean the resolution of the video display that you might change for a game? That is done with the video card's software or what?
      Changing the resolution of the display. It was 800x600 by deafault, I changed it to 1440x900 which is when the problem starts.

I had an HDMI cord from the Mobo to a HDMI to DVI adapter which was hooked into the monitor. It seems that once I replaced that with a regular DVI cord, the problem seems to have stopped for the time being.

Comment

Bad/cheaply made HDMI>DVI adapter.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X