Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! --> ASRock X79 Extreme4-M Boot error! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! --> ASRock X79 Extreme4-M Boot error! :-)

What does all this mean ? Please help!!!! :D

1. the old powersupply died (Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX750M)

2. and replaced it with a (Corsair AX750.. i got it bootet into windows for 6 hours)

3. Then this happen: In the morning i turned it on, and it doesnt WORK!!! Does not turn into Post screen on boot..Only displays b7 on motherboard

Screenshots, Video and full report here:
    ASRock X79 Extreme4-M Boot error | martinandersen3d

Re: Help! --> ASRock X79 Extreme4-M Boot error! :-)

The "b7" POST code you get might really be "67", because of the way the Dr. Debug LED display works. But you may be correct that is really is "b7".

The list of POST codes in your link is great, but if you check the FAQ section on your board's information page it has a different explanation:

Problem related to memory. Please re-install the CPU and memory then clear CMOS. If the problem still exists, please install only one memory module or try using other memory modules.

ASRock > X79 Extreme4-M

I'm not sure what happened to your PC, but I suggest your clear the CMOS/BIOS. You can do that with the PC on at any time by pressing the "clr CMOS" button on your board's IO panel. Press and hold that button in for two seconds, and then release it. You could also clear the CMOS/BIOS with the jumper on the board.

If you then do not get the "b7" POST code display, you will need to reset any BIOS options that you use, since they will be all set to default values after the CMOS/BIOS clear.

When you installed the new power supply, you might have bumped into something on the board, and that part is not in the right position. It seems like that could be one or more of your memory sticks/DIMMs. Check that all your memory is in its slot correctly.

I know the problem did not happen right away, but a memory stick might be out of place just a little bit, and it failed to make a connection the next day.

While the explanation of the problem I included above said to re-install the CPU, I doubt you need to do that, so just check the memory at first.

What CPU cooler do you use? Do you think you moved it or pushed on it when you replaced the power supply?

Comment

Pressing the "Clear CMOS" on the back side of the pc didnt help.

Comment

Isn't that your CLRCMOS button that's lit up like a Christmas tree in that vid?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Pull the memory and begin populating from the furthest slot. One stick at a time, and see if it boots with each additional stick..
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

1.testet one ram block at a time.. all four works.. and it boots into post.

2. Puttet all 4 in at the same time - fails

This works:
            there is ram in 1,2 and 4 works

if i take the same ram blocks and put into:
            1,2 and 3 it fails !!

What is going on here.. can one of the slots you put the ram into, be broken ???

Comment

Originally posted by martinandersen3d View Post
              1.testet one ram block at a time.. all four works.. and it boots into post.

2. Puttet all 4 in at the same time - fails

This works:
              there is ram in 1,2 and 4 works

if i take the same ram blocks and put into:
              1,2 and 3 it fails !!

What is going on here.. can one of the slots you put the ram into, be broken ???
              Yes, one memory slot can be broken. But what really happened could be many different things. Such as, a connection in the slot is broken, or power is not getting to that slot, or even your CPU was damaged, since the memory controller for the RAM is in the CPU.

When you put in the new power supply, was that all that you did to the PC?

If you did something to the CPU cooler, it is possible to have it to tight on the CPU, and the connections in the CPU socket do not contact the CPU correctly, and that can cause a memory channel to fail.

When your old power supply died, what happened, did it just stop working? Sometimes a broken power supply can damage a mother board or other parts. I do NOT know if that happened to you, it might not have happened, but sometimes it does.

Comment

The old supply just dies.. not even the fans in it moved. I only switched out the power supply, currently I'm running only on 3 ram slots. For what i'm using the pc for 12 gb of memory is to little..

I think i'm planning to buy a new motherboard..

Can i run some software to check that all parts of the pc is okay? Is there some software that can check both CPU, Ram etc?

Comment

Now talking with ASRock.. maybe they will switch out the board with a RMA

Comment

Working...
                  X