Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.O.S.T. failure with Asrock FM2A88M Extreme 4+ and AMD A10 kaveri CPU

HI there,
    My first posting. I'm upgrading my desktop to include the above motherboard and AMD A7700 cpu.

On first boot up I can't even get the POST to show.
    CPU fan and DVD drive works but that's it. Have removed all other devices from the mobo, except RAM (GSkill Ares2x4 GB 1600 hz) and SSD drive but nothing works.
    I suspect the BIOS (it is P 2.00 as received) and Asrock website says 1.50 works for this CPU. I thought a later version would be fine?
    How would I change BIOS if I can't boot into it in the first place?
    Or is it a faulty board?
    Glad for any help.

Bob.

Re: P.O.S.T. failure with Asrock FM2A88M Extreme 4+ and AMD A10 kaveri CPU

Do you have any other memory to check with? You didn't say which G.Skill Ares kit you have so I cannot check compatibility. See the G.Skill Configurator link in #2 of my Sig.

It's not the BIOS revision for your CPU. It clearly states 1.50, so your 2.00 is functional for that processor.

Have you tried clearing the CMOS and retry?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Did you by chance forget to connect the 8-pin power for the processor?
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. Checked my RAM against your GSkill database link. It was supported. Clearing CMOS jumper did the trick and now booted into BIOS.
        Many Thanks, bob

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
        Do you have any other memory to check with? You didn't say which G.Skill Ares kit you have so I cannot check compatibility. See the G.Skill Configurator link in #2 of my Sig.

It's not the BIOS revision for your CPU. It clearly states 1.50, so your 2.00 is functional for that processor.

Have you tried clearing the CMOS and retry?

Comment

Glad to hear. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
          X