E-350m1/usb3 date issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-350m1/usb3 date issue

Hi all, I bought the e-350m1/usb3 motherboard more than one year ago and from the first time I started it I noticed an issue related to the sys date. Every time i start the pc, a system message ask me to set again the system date. When i try to set it from Bios if I'm going to set the 21 october 2014 (using the calendar provided in the bios) when I click Apply the date is changed in 18-21-2014. Saving the changes and restarting the motherboard it asks me again to set the sys date.
    There is someone that can help me?
    Thx
    michele

Re: E-350m1/usb3 date issue

You should not be asked to set or fix the system date on your PC every time you start it. That is not normal.

That problem is usually caused by a bad battery on the mother board. The battery can be replaced, and should not be very much money.

Your board looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	board temp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	754694

The battery is in the lower right corner of the picture, the silver disk that has "Newsun" on it.

Does the date really change to 18-21-2014? That is not a correct date, as you know.

Is the date message the only one you see when you start the PC?

You also should be able to set the date when in Windows, if that is what you use. Replacing the battery should fix this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      You should not be asked to set or fix the system date on your PC every time you start it. That is not normal.

That problem is usually caused by a bad battery on the mother board. The battery can be replaced, and should not be very much money.

Your board looks like this:

[ATTACH]7342[/ATTACH]

The battery is in the lower right corner of the picture, the silver disk that has "Newsun" on it.

Does the date really change to 18-21-2014? That is not a correct date, as you know.

Is the date message the only one you see when you start the PC?

You also should be able to set the date when in Windows, if that is what you use. Replacing the battery should fix this problem.

Hi Parsec,
      thank you for your reply. I already tried to change the Battery but the problem persists. Changing the battery was my first test before write on this forum.

I attached 4 pictures that show the problem I have.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Date-issue.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	754700

Last picture show you the wrong date. The month have been updated to 18 ! When I apply the changes from bios, restarting the PC, I see again the message in first picture.

If I press F1, I'm able to boot windows and after the log in I can set the date form windows but I don't want to do it every time I'm going to start the PC.

thx
      M.

Comment

That is a strange problem, it looks like something is wrong with the board's BIOS, or possibly the board's BIOS chip.

Did you ever try, in the BIOS, loading default values, restart the PC, and then go back into the BIOS to reset any options you use? You also could flash the BIOS again to the same (and only) version now available, 1.80, in case your current one is corrupted.

Otherwise you might think the BIOS itself has a problem, but I don't recall other users of your board posting threads about this issue. You are right that you should not need to fix the date constantly, that is a very basic problem.

Did you try contacting ASRock support directly about this?

Comment

Working...
        X