Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fata1ity Z97x killer, killed my internet speeds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fata1ity Z97x killer, killed my internet speeds.

Hi all! so I'm stumped im hoping a somebody here has the answer

Long story short, since getting my new mobo it will not allow me download over 9mbs, my connection is 40mbs. (but my upload speeds are great, much better than my download speeds lol)

Ive done the basic things:

Updated the killer e2200 driver.

Had my isp run a line check to be certain.

made sure the setting in the software suit where correct.

Still, no more than 9mbs per second. ive tried other pcs on the ame network, even the same cable they all download at 40mbs. Just not this one. Am I missing something? what could this be?

please help

Re: Fata1ity Z97x killer, killed my internet speeds.

Are you the same person asking about this in the OCN forum? Just reading that thread... and no you don't have an Intel NIC interface on your board, if you did you'd have two RJ45 Ethernet inputs on the board's IO panel.

Given the other thread, it sounds like you've done about everything you can. Mainly that would be removing the software that controls what network downloads have priority. Or how about configuring that software so it does not put gaming downloads/connections above all else? I checked the Atheros LAN driver and software for your board, and the installer is one package, you can't just find the driver itself.

But you might find something here that is what you want, but see below too: Driver Downloads | Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.

You need the e2200 entry, and not the wireless versions. The Killer Cleaner application might do something for you too.

Interesting read in this thread, and I mean you need to read it all: Guide: Turn your Killer E2200 NIC into Qualcomm Athero AR8161 | TechPowerUp Forums

OK, one cheat, disable the Killer application in Windows startup. Plus your actual chip is an Atheros 8161.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Are you the same person asking about this in the OCN forum? Just reading that thread... and no you don't have an Intel NIC interface on your board, if you did you'd have two RJ45 Ethernet inputs on the board's IO panel.

Given the other thread, it sounds like you've done about everything you can. Mainly that would be removing the software that controls what network downloads have priority. Or how about configuring that software so it does not put gaming downloads/connections above all else? I checked the Atheros LAN driver and software for your board, and the installer is one package, you can't just find the driver itself.

But you might find something here that is what you want, but see below too: Driver Downloads | Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.

You need the e2200 entry, and not the wireless versions. The Killer Cleaner application might do something for you too.

Interesting read in this thread, and I mean you need to read it all: Guide: Turn your Killer E2200 NIC into Qualcomm Athero AR8161 | TechPowerUp Forums

OK, one cheat, disable the Killer application in Windows startup. Plus your actual chip is an Atheros 8161.
      I am one and the same! Thank you for you reply. I actually did Athero conversion right before you posted. Not much luck, Ive decided its probably somthing outside of a driver issue, and I doubt its hardware. Since I would imagine in all likely hood it wouldn't work at all if it was. Thanks for you time and reply

Comment

I was afraid of that, you already did those things. This is not the first time I've read about issues with the "Killer" network interface, regardless of mobo manufacture.

I have a board or two that I use separate Intel NIC cards in, PRO/1000 GT (PCI interface!) and Gigabit CT Desktop (PCIe x 1). They are about $30 each or at least were when I bought them several years ago. Plug and play was a term invented for these cards, and once you install the Intel driver, what more can you ask for in a PC?

I kinda hate to say this, but the Z97 chipset in your board has half a network interface built into it, all it needs is the Intel I218V physical layer interface chip added to make a complete NIC. Not that you can do that on your own...

Comment

Working...
        X