X-Fast RAM software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Fast RAM software

my Spec's: z68 Pro3, i7 2600k, 16gb RAM, Win7 x64 Pro, Seagate sata3 2gb, X-Fast RAM v2.0.28

Is this software suppose to "optimize" memory usage or simply create RAM drive?

It creates a FAT32 file system RAM drive, is it possible to create NTFS RAM drive?

Problem: I created 4gb size RAM drive and when using MS Office 2007 Outlook it says it couldn't create Temp file, please check "environment variable", I stopped adding "user temp files" to RAM drive and it is OK now.

Problem: X-Fast RAM icon is showing generic icon instead of HD icon.

I was hoping to install game software on RAM drive to get better performance, but with FAT32 file system I don't think that will happen, any suggestions?

Re: X-Fast RAM software

XFast RAM is just a RAM drive.

Never tried to format the XFast RAM drive as anything but its default. Try to delete the volume and format as NTFS in Disk Management.

Figures Outlook has some strange requirement for their temporary files. Might be the format not being NTFS. Adobe never complained about it.

The icon used for XFast RAM is arbitrary, you should be able to change it. Since it is not a HDD, which is permanent storage rather than DRAM memory requiring power to retain its contents, that makes sense to me.

Poor performance from the default XFast RAM format? Here's a Crystal Disk benchmark of a XFast RAM drive I had:

Click image for larger version

Name:	crystal RAM Disk1.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	754680

Comment

Re: X-Fast RAM software

Check out: ASRock XFast RAM Technology - YouTube

Comment

Working...
      X