XFast RAM Utility for AM1H-ITX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFast RAM Utility for AM1H-ITX

I can't seem to find the XFast RAM utility for the AM1H-ITX. The disc that came with the motherboard does not appear to include it. ASRock's web page for the AM1H-ITX does not list the program either. But XFast RAM does appear in the main page and in the manual. I have tried downloading the XFast RAM program from another motherboard's page and installing it. But there is no functionality and it gives a message saying that it is waiting a driver to be installed.

Did ASRock forget to include an updated version XFast RAM for the AM1H-ITX? Or am I not seeing something?

Re: XFast RAM Utility for AM1H-ITX

For your board, XFast RAM is a part of the A-Tuning software. XFast RAM is installed when A-Tuning is installed, and is configured and started within A-Tuning.

Remove the XFast RAM software you installed before you install A-Tuning, and restart the PC after removing the XFast RAM software you installed.

Hopefully any Windows Registry entries created when you installed the XFast RAM software will not interfere with the correct installation.

Comment

The included A-Tuning software doesn't seem to include it. I did a fresh reformat and installed the A-Tuning that came with with the disc (identical to what's available on ASRock's website due to the board being so new). I'm not seeing it. If it means anything, the XFast LAN utility comes as a separate installer and cannot be selected from the A-Tuning menu unless installed from that program.

Comment

It sure seems XFast RAM is not included in your version of A-Tuning.

My three ASRock boards, Z77 EX 4, Z87 EX 6, and Z97 EX 6, all have XFast RAM included with the main ASRock utility for the board, either A-Tuning or AXTU. None of these boards have XFast RAM as a separate download file.

Since you have A-Tuning installed, you can check if XFast RAM is meant to be an option for your board.

Open Windows Explorer on your C: drive, the main folder on that drive. Find the Program Files (x86) folder, and open it. Next find the ASRock Utility folder, and open it, and then open the A-Tuning folder. Once in the A-Tuning folder, open the Conf folder.

Once in the Conf folder, you should see a list of files that have names similar or identical to various ASRock mother boards, and your AM1H-ITX board should be listed. These files are XML documents, so you can double click on them and they should open in your Internet browser program. Do that on your board's file.

On the first page displayed of this file, you should find MainMenu, and under that the various options A-Tuning has for your board. The entry may be called "MENU_RAMDISK", or something related to RAM.

If no entry like this is there, then including XFast RAM in the boards information page, etc, may be a mistake.

Comment

Working...
        X