ASRock H97M-ITX/ac bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock H97M-ITX/ac bios

Just got the above MB along with a Pentium G 3258 and not built up yet. board is revision 1.0. Will the default BIOS recognise the chip ?...............if not I need to know about flashing the BIOS without a CPU, if it is recognised it will probably need an update to take advantage of the CPU. Which revision would this be? and does this apply to all MB revisions or just 1.0?
    Any help much appreciated.
    AS Rock H97M-ITX/AC, BIOS vers 1.8 Pentium G3258K CPU Alpenfrohn Silvretta CPU Cooler , 250GB Samsung EVO Boot . Toshiba 2.5" HDD 1TB data. Pico 160XT power module
    , Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4GB x2, , . Win7 Pro 64 bit, Logitech k360 keyboard and Logitech M185 mouse. Realan W80 ITX case.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    AS Rock AB350 Fatal1ty-Gaming-ITX, BIOS 3.1, Ryzen3-1200, Samsung 960M.2 NVME 256GB boot, Firecuda 1TB Data, G-Unique 300watt power module, Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400 x2 (16GB), XFX R7-240 2 GB GPU, Lian-Li PC-Q21B ITX case.

Re: ASRock H97M-ITX/ac bios

The G3258 needs BIOS 1.10 to function properly according to THIS page.

Accordingly, I believe I've read here that you should have no problem assembling the system to a bare minimum and flashing up to 1.10 or higher. Of course, YMMV.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thanks, looks like at least it will boot, which is a great help, thanks.
      AS Rock H97M-ITX/AC, BIOS vers 1.8 Pentium G3258K CPU Alpenfrohn Silvretta CPU Cooler , 250GB Samsung EVO Boot . Toshiba 2.5" HDD 1TB data. Pico 160XT power module
      , Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4GB x2, , . Win7 Pro 64 bit, Logitech k360 keyboard and Logitech M185 mouse. Realan W80 ITX case.
      AS Rock AB350 Fatal1ty-Gaming-ITX, BIOS 3.1, Ryzen3-1200, Samsung 960M.2 NVME 256GB boot, Firecuda 1TB Data, G-Unique 300watt power module, Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400 x2 (16GB), XFX R7-240 2 GB GPU, Lian-Li PC-Q21B ITX case.

Comment

Any 9 series chipset board should at least function normally with Auto BIOS settings with a G3258. My ASRock Z87 board, with a Haswell refresh compatible BIOS version (that does not provide full G3258 support), that is standard issue for 9 series chipset boards, booted up fine after swapping in a G3258.

The BIOS update simply adds any over clocking updates that the G3258 requires (and it does require at least one).

To muddy the waters, given what wardog provided for you, we can also find this:

ASRock > H97M-ITX/ac BIOS

IMO, BIOS 1.30 simply adds a tweak here and there, but the CPU support list and this BIOS description are confusing. 1.10 will work with a G3258.

ASRock does not do the mother board "revision" thing, like someone else we know does. Unless you are referring to BIOS versions as revisions.

No BIOS update without a CPU in any ASRock board AFAIK.

Comment

Thanks again Parsec, looking better than I hoped.
          Yes, I referred to the board revision, and you are correct, I confused motherboards, I have not seen any revision reference on the ASR MB ( I know no details of the BIOS until I boot it up)
          Not overly interested in anything but perhaps the slightest overclocking, just looking for reassurance that the CPU will not be unduly hindered by lack of support. I have researched this as much as I can but it is easy to find conflicting facts related to it.
          I mentioned the CPUless BIOS flash because someone with a high end Z97 claimed their board was capable of this and he had done it. Then again, like me he may have been confusing motherboards.

Comment

Working...
          X