Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motherboard not detecting correct cpu speed. This normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard not detecting correct cpu speed. This normal?

I have a q6600 and its showing that it is a 1.6ghz in bios. I had to oc it to get it to 2.4ghz.
    Latest bios installed.
    G41C-GS

Re: Motherboard not detecting correct cpu speed. This normal?

On the "Main" page in the BIOS, what is shown for "Processor Type"?

IOW, is it being detected properly?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Also, what G41C-GS? The original, G41C-GS? Or a G41C-GS R2?

"Latest BIOS installed" , which one is that? And is it the correct one for your boards revision?
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

It is the GS model. It is showing it as the Q6600. 2.4ghz after i overlocked it lol. My last motherboard detected it with no problem.

G41c-gs first version, not the r2. I correct bios installed from here http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G41C-...wnload&os=BIOS
        Last edited by syllinx; 10-06-2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

@syllinx Having the same problem on my q6600. Same mobo and bios rev. Can I ask what did you do? What settings?

Comment

Working...
          X