Z97 OC Formula Error Code A6 Black Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z97 OC Formula Error Code A6 Black Screen

So I just received all my components for a fresh build. Got everything wired up and pressed the power button. I saw my graphics card listed and the top of the screen in white lettering and also just a 2 second glimpse of the UEFI bios then bam! Error code A6 on the Dr. Debug feature. So i have double checked all my connections and everything looks good. I've tried a different GPU and onboard graphics same problem... Ive tried to boot without a SSD installed and also tried every SATA port available... Same problem. Ive re-seeded everything including the CPU still the same problem. If anyone can give me some tips I would be grateful.
    Last edited by scottig; 09-11-2014, 06:51 PM.

Re: Z97 OC Formula Error Code A6 Black Screen

Remove power from all the SATA devices connected to the board, and then clear the BIOS/CMOS.

Do not reconnect power to the SATA devices and then start the board and see if it will POST and allow you to get into the UEFI/BIOS UI.

If this works, connect power to your SATA devices one at a time until you get the A6 code again.

What SSD and other SATA devices are you using?

Comment

Samsung 840 EVO 250g. No other SATA devices don't need a blue ray or CD/RW. Still getting the same A6 error.
      Thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

You're getting A6 with no drives connected, and you cannot get into the BIOS?

Comment

That is correct. If I use onboard video I can see the Bios screen for like 2 secs. Then it goes black Error A6. The CPU fans keep running but there is just a black screen and error A6.
          One of the corners of the Motherboard box it was delivered in was slightly dented. I wonder if it was damaged?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by scottig; 09-12-2014, 06:03 AM.

Comment

I guess RMA is my only option... I thought this board came pre-tested. QC needs to step it up. Thanks for all your help Parsec.
            Last edited by scottig; 09-12-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I must agree that an RMA or return to retailer seems to be your only option. POST codes A0 through A7 are all: Problem related to IDE or SATA devices.

With no drives attached, you shouldn't be getting that POST code, particularly if the BIOS UI starts. When you remove the CPU from the board, take a look at the pins in the socket for any damage, although the POST error is not related to this.

Good luck with your next board!

Comment

Working...
              X