Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock IMB-181-L no post or beeps, cpu fan only

Hi,

I've just bought a IMB-181-L and a brand new Intel G3258 processor. I'm getting no POST or beeps, nothing on screen - the CPU fan comes on for about a minute before it seems to restart and then the fan powers back on and stays on.

The bios sticker says IMB-181-L/Q87 P1.40-15B

It is only a 250W Jeantech ATX power supply at present but I currently don't have anything else connected (no graphics card or hard drives even, just processor, fan, keyboard and 8Gb memory which I know works).

I read it might be due to the bios not having been updated for that processor? Unfortunately I don't have another processor to try to see if that would make a difference.

I have tried copying the latest bios to a FAT formatted usb drive to see if that made any difference - I don't know if that's complete nonsense or if I need to hold a key in or whatever and it will attempt to update the bios?
    I will look at buying a new power supply or a processor on the supported CPU list for all bios if I have confidence that this is the issue but wanted to see if there is anything else I could try first.

All help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!
    Michael

Re: Asrock IMB-181-L no post or beeps, cpu fan only

Dear Michael,

IMB-181-L supports G3258 CPU since BIOS P1.80.
    Link: ASRock > IMB-181-L

So you have to update BIOS from P1.40 to P1.80, G3258 will work well on this board.
    I regret that you don't have another CPU to do BIOS update, so please contact me via PM and then I'll assist you in this issue.

Thanks for your support on ASRock IPC M/B!

Comment

Working...
    X