Fan Control on the Extreme6 MB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Control on the Extreme6 MB?

I like the fan control implemented in the Extreme6 BIOS vs the BIOS in the OC Formula MB. However, I have a minor problem, no matter what setting I pick once the CPU temps get to 80C the BIOS turns the fans to 100%. That's ok for fans but I have a Swiftech MCP35X pump that overpowers the cooling system if it is set to go much beyond 50%. A few system tests, the AIDA64 GPU test for instance causes the CPU temp to jump to ~82C for a few moments and that causes the pump to go wild! It looks like I can use the fan control in A-Tuning to change the 80C threshold but is there a way to make it happen in the BIOS? I really don't want to run A-Tuning in the background every time I get the urge to run some benchmark/stress test.

Re: Fan Control on the Extreme6 MB?

Unfortunately, there isn't a BIOS setting to fix your problem. Are you using the Customize option in the BIOS for the pump's fan header?

The last entry in the Customize option is CPU Critical Temperature. The default and highest temperature it can be set to is 80C, as you have seen for yourself. It is no doubt the same for the other fan speed options.

You may not be able to change the 80C value in the A-Tuning fan speed profiles.

Comment

Working...
    X